Anti-torture group: Torture in Turkey is worse under Erdogan
Ali Asker
2004-03-04 22:09:32 UTC
Anti-torture group: Torture in Turkey is worse under Erdogan
Thursday, March 04 2004 @ 01:29 PM CST
COPENHAGEN, Denmark, March 3 (AFP) - Torture has increased in Turkey
since the arrival in power of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, a
leading anti-torture group said Wednesday. The International
Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT) called on Europe and
the United States to pressure Ankara to put an end to the practice.

"The nice declarations by Erdogan and political reforms to combat
torture have fallen on deaf ears. Torture is more widespread than
ever, and almost none of the torturers has gone on trial," Inge
Genefke, Denmark's representative at the IRCT, told AFP by telephone.

Genefke was speaking from the Turkish city of Izmir, where she is
following the trial of psychiatrist and human rights activist Alp
Ayan.

"This trial, the first one to be attended by a US diplomat, is one of
the many examples of the authorities' harassment of human rights
defenders in Turkey," she said.

"Dr. Alp Ayan's crime is that he criticized the government for its
passivity in the fight against torture and the impunity that torturers
enjoy," said Genefke, who in 1985 opened the world's first center to
treat torture victims in Copenhagen.

Genefke urged the EU to insist that Ankara put an end to torture
before considering the country for EU membership. "But the United
States, and especially President (George W.) Bush, carry a lot of
weight and could change the situation," she said.

Genefke, who last week appeared before members of the US Congress in
Washington to discuss the issue in Turkey, said she was "deeply
concerned" about another trial due to open in Ankara next week against
nine executive board members of the Human Rights Foundation of Turkey
(HRFT).

"They are accused of collecting money without authorization a few
years ago to help hunger strikers released from prison who were on the
verge of death and of cooperating with international organisations
without the authorities' permission," she said.

The HRFT treated 924 people, including 225 women and 33 children, in
2003 in its five centres nationwide.

"A guilty verdict against the HRFT executive board members will sound
the death knell for these centres. And what does Ankara want? To see
this annoying institution, which serves as a witness to the practice
of torture, disappear," she said.

http://www.dozame.org/article.php?story=20040304132919890
david coors
2004-03-05 14:59:22 UTC
***@hotmail.com (Ali Asker), a thug of PKK/KADEK terrorist
organization, a full-time, professional and unconditional hater and
murderer of innocent citizens of the Democratic Republic of Turkey,
posts an anti-Turkish hate propaganda fabricated by mouth-pieces of
the same PKK/KADEK terrorist organization which, with the support of
the enemies of Turkey (Syria, Belgium, Sweden, Netherlands,
Switzerland, Denmark, France, Greece and others) and with the income
it obtained from major illegal drug trafficking to Europe, robberies,
extortions, etc. murdered nearly 40 thousands innocent human beings in
Turkey and ruined the health and property of many thousands of others
to destroy democratic goverment of the Republic of Turkey and
establish a marxist, lennist, communist PKK/KADEK dictatorship in
South East Turkey.This is against the laws of all countries in the
World including Turkey. Any country, as well as Turkey, will defend
itself against such terrorism as a most legitimate and legal right.

To hell with you all PKK/KADEK terrorists !!!!!

PKK/KADEK is not a democratically elected represantative of Kurdish
citizens of Turkey. Democratically elected represantatives of the
citizens of Turkey of Kurdish descend are in the goverment as MPs,
ministers, PMs, presidents, judjes, etc., certainly not as terrorists
murdering innocent human beings. Plus, all citizens of Turkey of
Kurdish descend, like everybody else, are serving their country as
soldiers, officers and generals in the military, police officers,
lawyers and judges in the law enforcement organizations, pursuing
their lives as business man and woman, professional careers in the
private business and goverment institutions. And, none of them feel
they have to murder innocent human beings "to defend themselves". All
citizen of Turkey, regardless of race, language, religion, gender,
etc., have their undeniable right and freedom under the law to defend
their rights and freedoms, pursue solutions for the problems they
think they have by only legal, peacefull and democratic ways and
means, definitely not "whatever means is possible" and certainly not
by terrorism.
Roman
2004-03-05 15:24:26 UTC
Demented, spamming david coors, formerly known under the name of demented
faulty nutter, as well as several other screen names, belongs to a turkish
fascistic propaganda gang that spreads lies on usenet about countries like
Greece, Armenia, Kurdistan, Europe. His turkish propaganda is based on
fascistic Kemalist revisionism. The articles he posts are mostly made up
by "historians" paid by the turkish fascistic state. They represent
turkey's known habit of distorting historical truth by using falsified
historical accounts.

Roman
--
In the German language the old word to "türken" (to turkify) means "to
falsify".
david coors
2004-03-06 15:23:15 UTC
Roman <***@here.de> is a thug of Armenian anti-Turksih hatred
industry, an unconditional hater and murderer of innocent Turks.

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3350

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Muhammet Resit Guleser

Father's Name : Abdullah
Mother's Name : Habibe
Place of Birth : Van
Date of Birth: 1900

I was a young student at the (Teachers' training college) school,
around 15 or 16 years old during the Armenian massacres, and remember
what happened quite well. Before the First World War, we had good
neighbourly relations with the Armenians (whose population was said to
be approximately 17,000).

With the declaration of the constitutional monarchy in 1908, they
started to exploit the principles of independence, equality, and
justice to their benefit. Their leader in Van, Aram Pasha, was in the
delegation that notified Sultan Hamit that he would have to leave his
throne. The Armenians set up an underground organization in Van, and
dug tunnels which extended from near the Great Mosque (Büyük Camii)
all the way to the old section of town. It was even possible to go
through these tunnels on horseback. One day some parts of the tunnel
collapsed so was discovered by a guard incidentally. Aram Pasha was
caught near the Great Mosque upon the intelligence of an Armenian but
was released without punishment due to the political sensitivities of
the time.

In short, the Armenians organized themselves very well and became rich
financially in commerce. After the Armenians and Jews were permitted
to join the military, some groups of Armenians, joined the military
with their weapons during the retreat of the Van division. Our
soldiers were carrying German-made primitive weapons which could only
fire four shots and the fifth one would drop to the gound. According
to what we had heard from Mr. Haci Latif and the others who later
returned to Van, the Armenians in the Van division were shooting our
soldiers in the back. There were also several cases of Armenian
doctors and nurses poisoning our wounded soldiers who were treated in
the hospitals in Van after returning from the eastern front.

As to the situation in Van, the Russians were approaching from three
fronts, Muradiye, Özalp, and Baskale. The Armenians in the city were
rebelling and continued an aggressive campaign against the Muslim
population for 29 days. We had three barracks, Haci Bekir, Aziziye,
and Toprakkale. Ten soldiers would guard each one. They attacked to
these barracks and slaughtered the soldiers like sheep by cutting
their throats off. Ali Cavus, our neighbour, was also slained there.
While our weak militia were digging trenches to trying to fight, the
Armenians made holes in the walls and were firing shots with machine
guns, pouring cans of kerosene, lighting fires, and escaping through
the deep tunnels. This brutal attack lasted 29 days. The decision of
retreat was finally made so that the Muslim population would not
suffer any more deaths. Those with carts used them; those without them
were under desperate conditions, but we all joined the exodus. People
left their children on the roads, others died from hunger and disease.

It should be remembered that the Armenians not only committed large
massacres in Van, but in the villages as well. The homes in the
villages of Timar, Bakale, and Özalp were stuffed with hay and set on
fire. Those that tried to escape were killed with bullets and
bayonets. The inhabitants of a few villages in Zeve got organized and
fought against the Armenians, but almost all of them -from seven
different villages- were killed. Mass graves are still being uncovered
in these villages and a memorial was built.

Eight of the twelve ships carried the Muslim refugees from Van, four
ships carried government employees and their families. All the sailors
aboard the vessels were Armenians. The Armenian bandits by the help of
these sailors, forced the four government employee boats to dock at
the Adir Island, and killed all the passengers. As to the remaining
other eight boats they were taken to another island near Tatvan where
Armenian bandits were waiting, but they managed to escape with few
casualties because they were armed.

When we left Van, we first went to Bitlis, and later to Diyarbakir. We
witnessed the Armenian savagery along the way. Finally, I will tell
you about what we saw and heard upon returning to Van. The Armenians
applied all types of torture to the inhabitants, God bless their
souls. They paraded Isa Hodja, who was over 100 years old, on a donkey
through the village, raided and looted homes, and gathered women and
girls into Mr. Ziya's home where they repeatedly raped them. They
threw the bodies of the dead into wells, and even filled the well of
our mosque with the bodies of victims.

When General Cevdet entered Van for the first time, he asked the
gendarmes to escort 130 women, whose husbands were at the front, to
Diyarbakir. They were in bad situation in Van because they did not
have any transportation. About 30 of them stayed in our house. They
spun wool to survive. They were also given military rations. They told
us that there was no end to the torture and cruelties they suffered at
the hands of the Armenian bandits. The Armenians skinned the men,
castrated them, and raped the women.

We returned to Van four years later. In the beginning we stayed two
years, but were forced to flee again when the Russians arrived. This
time we went as far as we could go. Finally we arrived to Siirt. When
we returned, 200-250 Armenian families were seeking refuge on the
Carpanak Island. They were hoping that the Turks would leave, and that
they would resettle in Van. Most of them were artisans. A short time
later, a new decree was issued, and they were sent to Revan under the
protection of the government. However, Van was raided seven times by
the enemy, was completely destroyed except for the Armenian quarters.
We rebuilt the city afterwards.

+++++++++++++++++++

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3351

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Seyh Cemal Talay

Father's Name: Cimsid
Mother's Name : Fatma
Place of Birth : Van
Date of Birth: 1901

The Russians were providing weapons for the Armenian bandits. With
military assistance of Russia and encouragement of England, France and
the United States -all had consulates in Van- Armenians increased
their hostilities in the beginning of 1915. The Russians were secretly
providing them weapons hidden in food supplies, which they sent to
Russia through the port of Trabzon. Those supplies were transported by
caravans to Van. The goods on the caravans were distributed in the
centre of the old city, and the hidden ammunition was secretly
distributed to the Armenian militants. The leader of the Armenian
revolt in Van was Aram Pasha. But I don't remember the name of the
Dashnaks' leader. They all had land claims, especially in Van. The
11th squadron was assigned to Van, but went to Erzurum to be
mobilised. The Armenian bandits increased their activities and started
their terrorist campaigns against the Muslim inhabitants.

The militants were raiding the Muslim villages and neighbourhoods. The
only thing we had to fight them with was a militia led by Imam Osman,
composed of those either too old or too young to join the army.

Let me tell you a story which I will never forget. I went to a school
located near the government mansion. Armenian children also studied at
the same school. Some of the students in the Armenian underground went
to get a Muslim student named Rustu from his home with an excuse of
studying. They took him to the Isitma bridge near the industrial park.
After insulting him, they raped and killed him, leaving his body for
his family to find the next day. The family later composed a ballad to
honour his memory.

I can remember the beginning of the skirmishes between the Muslims and
Armenians. Our militia, which would meet in the Mahmut Aga barracks
across the street from the Van State Hospital, was on duty, a day
before the war with the Armenians started. The Armenians prepared the
night before and positioned themselves. They dug holes in the State
Mansion, and when our militia was preparing for morning prayer at a
fountain nearby, the Armenians showered them with bullets. Many of our
soldiers were killed. The fighting between local Muslims and Armenians
began. There was a big confusion in the streets from both sides.
Despite this, we got up and went to school. We had two teachers, one
from Salonica, one from Edirne. They said "Come on kids, let's all
forgive each other, we might not see each other again" and suggested
we use the side streets to avoid Armenian bullets. I left school with
some friends, but decided to take our regular route. We saw that
weapons and ammunition were being distributed in front of a storage
area for protection against the Armenians. We then noticed a few
Armenians creeping up from behind, and notified the man distributing
the weapons. He threw them down in his hand and fired on them, and
they ran away.

The war started on April 2 and 3 in 1915. In 1914, the Russians were
not able to penetrate the front line, but they surrounded our soldiers
from behind by passing Caldiran-Bahcesaray, and established
headquarters in the Molla Hasan village.
It was difficult to provide our soldiers with military supplies since
the young students and elderly people carrying the equipment could not
go further because of the cold weather. Many of them died.

We couldn't go anywhere. But in the spring the Armenians went
completely crazy. On May 10, 1915, the Russians were moving towards
Van. With Governor Cevdet's orders we evacuated Van, taking with us
what we could carry. During the war, Armenian brutality reached a
stage that no one, including the old, sick, captive, women or children
could escape. The atrocities reached the degree that even the
Armenians' main supporters, the Russians, were trying to prohibit
their actions.

My grandmother Mihri couldn't flee with us because one of my uncles
was paralysed from the waist down. Unable to speak because of the
shock of what happened in our absence, she later learned to speak by
sign in order to explain what happened. They shaved my uncle's
moustache along with his flesh, and then took them to a house which
they used as a detention centre and tortured him and the other
captives until the Russians arrived.

When we became refugees there were 23 members of our family. We lost
most of our family on the road to Bitlis and Urfa. Only two of us
returned to Van. Our first stop on the road was Bitlis where we
arrived in eleven days, and then went to Siirt, where we had relatives
with whom we stayed for a few months. When we heard about the Russian
advance, we again fled to Diyarbakir. Our convoy consisted of 250
people. We suffered from hunger and thirst on the way. We went through
Kurtalan and Diyarbakir and the village of Kebir, where we did not
stay long, and again took the road to return to Van. When we reached
Kurtalan, we learned that the Russians had entered Van again and went
to Siirt. In the spring of 1916, we went to Baghdad, but fled to
Mardin when the English Army advanced. In 1917, we arrived to Urfa.
The French who entered Urfa started tormenting the Muslims by bringing
the Armenian of Aleppo to the city. This time we fought for twenty-two
days.

We left Van in 1915. When we were finally able to return, only two
people remained from the 23-membered family. Van was totally
destroyed. The Armenians burned and demolished everything except for
the Armenian houses. In fact, when the Turkish army entered Van,
around 2.000 Armenian artisans, expecting retaliation for their
repression of the Turkish population, sought refuge on the island of
Adir. The Turkish government instead ensured their safe passage to
Revan.

+++++++++++++++++++

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3352

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Salih Tasci

Father's Name: Mirza
Mother's Name: Hane
Place of Birth: Van
Date of Birth: 1883

The Armenians who revolted by the Russian assistance began to fight
against the Muslims though they had lived together for many years.
Their intention was to steal our lands and to establish an Armenian
state. They had dugouts underground and they were easily hiding in
them after they killed the Turks.

They tortured people especially in central Van and in the castle.
Their leader was a man called Aram Pasha. We were defeated by them as
they had rich ammunitions. Then we decided to migrate to safer places
as we did not want to suffer more casualties.

Some people went to Bitlis by way of land and some went by sea. The
ones who stayed were all killed. The refugees of Van were spread
everywhere in country. From Bitlis to Diyarbakir, Elazig, Nazilli,
Burdur... However, the Armenians undertook massacres in the villages
of Van.

In those villages the Armenians and the Russians closed the roads.
They killed all the men and raped all the women there. Later, Armenian
bandits gathered in Van and carried massacres out there too. In short,
it was like the doomsday. In Lake Van there were sailing boats. They
really tortured so much that they got bored from killing people. They
put the people into the boats and threw them in to the lake.

Those Armenians nailed our elders to the walls from their hands and
foreheads. We resisted them as much as we could do and fought. We did
everything necessary. But, we never touched any Armenian child or
women; we just fought against men. Armenians were so cruel. After I
returned from the Iranian Front in 1921, I found Van in a ruin. All
the Turkish districts were burnt by the Armenians and the Russians;
all the Muslim properties were plundered. But, the Armenian houses
were still standing out. Van was empty. Later, the Muslims returned
one by one. Everybody began to rebuild his house; we have rebuilt the
city.

++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3353

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Bekir Yoruk

Father's Name : Yusuf
Mother's Name : Gülnaz
Place of Birth : Van
Date of Birth: 1900

Q: Can you tell us what you can remember and what the Armenians did in
Van and Gevas?

A: We lived in the same neighbourhoods with the Armenians. We were
living in Norsin neighbourhood and got along well until the Russians
intervention. In those days, the Armenian youth established committees
by Russian encouragement, and started causing trouble. They killed the
police superintendent and threw him in the park. They killed the
postman in Hasbagi. They bombed a building, which is a bath now, and
twenty people died in the explosion. When the constitutional monarchy
was declared, the mufti and the priest shook hands and declared the
brotherhood of Muslims and Christians. The Mufti cried as he shook
hands, but events developed against us. The committee members became
increasingly out of control and the rebellion began. We fought the
Armenians for 29 days in Hasbagi. We had no weapons. When the division
went to Erzurum we remained completely defenceless.

The Armenians who joined the army after the establishment of the
constitutional monarchy used our weapons to shoot at us, and those who
remained in the army shot our soldiers from behind. They also bombed
the barracks. The young people and the elderly left in the Muslim
neighbourhoods took turns guarding against the Armenians. Meanwhile,
the Russians sent gold to Armenians to finance their effort.

This struggle lasted 29 days until the arrival of the Russians. The
elderly Armenians didn't approve this fight because they were the
wealthiest inhabitants of the area, and feared losing their standard
of living. Armenians owned up to 1,000 stores and sold European cloth
in the old part of the city of Van. When these events broke out,
inhabitants of nearby villages and towns all fled to Van, and those
stores disappeared within two days.

Later on, fifty vessels full of people left Van, carried wounded
soldiers. Cevdet Pasha saw the passengers off at the pier. We went to
Adir Island, where the Armenians were training underground. We stayed
on the island for nine days. The waves destroyed some of the ships
with wooden sails. The island had wells and two bakeries. No one
brought any supplies from Van. We were hungry and perplexed. My elder
brother was an officer and came back wounded from Erzurum. My brother
realised that the Armenians would cut us off. He convinced his
captain, and ten ships left the place but we couldn't go very far.
Thank God that we stayed close to the shore. The next day, we reached
Tatvan under difficult circumstances. The day we left Van the
Armenians set everything ablaze. There were wounded soldiers from all
parts of Turkey in Van, and the Armenians set the apartment buildings
on fire used as a hospital where they were teken care of. That is why
Van is a sacred place with martyrs from 67 provinces (in Turkey).

My uncle, Terren Aga, was very old, and we couldn't take him with us
when we left Van. His wife, daughter, and two grandchildren remained
with him. Armenian hoodlums beat my uncle and the children with an ax
and killed them. His daughter was hiding in an abandoned American
school. When the Armenians found her, they killed her by throwing her
from the second floor.
We went to Bitlis from Tatvan where we stayed for nearly two months.
When the Russians arrived, we set off on the roads again. We then went
to Hizan and Diyarbakir. After we left, the Gendarme commander who was
crying like a baby- brought my uncle (who was Deputy Governor Omer
Bey) a report. A soldier named Mansur was also present in the room.
When we asked him to explain what happened, he said that three days
after Van was evacuated they went to pick up the bodies. Hundreds of
elderly women were impaled on stakes. They still had their scarves on
and looked as if they were sitting. When they got closer they saw that
they were killed before being impaled. They saw a woman who was split
into two parts and her unborn child was placed on her chest.

Muslims who witnessed these thousand of examples of inconceivable
brutality tearfully reported the incidents to Omer Bey, who then told
Mustafa Kemal. When the Russians finally arrived, they were displeased
with the savageness which resulted in the destruction of four-fifths
of Van. In addition to those massacred by the Armenians, many people
also died as they were fleeing. Many collapsed on the road from hunger
and disease. No one was able to take anything with them when they left
Van.

When we returned to Van from exile three years later, we found the
Muslim neighbourhoods destructed, but the areas owned by Armenians,
were left undamaged. When we returned there were about 2,000 Armenians
living in Van who fled to the islands when the Turks started
returning. Two years later, the government sent them to Revan.

Q: Did you ever participate in the fighting or use a weapon?

A: No. I have never used a weapon. I didn't have a gum, plus they
didn't give me one because I was too young and didn't know how to use
it. Instead. I would bring food and water to the combatants.

Q: What kind of equipment were the Armenians using?

A: They had the latest equipment which was provided by Russia and
England. They gave them weapons and had them fight against us. The
Armenians couldn't do anything to us, but when the were armed, the
balance was upset.

Q: Did many people die in these and other clashes?

A: Of course, thousands of people died. After fighting for 29 days,
the then Governor Cevdet Pasha commanded us to leave Van when he heard
that the Russian forces were approaching. Cevdet Pasha was actually a
very courageous man, but we had neither guns nor ammunition. while the
Russians were armed with top of the line weapons.

Q: Didn't the Ottoman State take any precautions against the Armenians
arming themselves to this extent? Didn't a word get around?

A: People knew, and the government knew. Yet the military was on the
fighting front, and only a few gendarmes were left in Van. They
couldn't do anything about it.. The Armenians first shot Police
Lieutenant Nuri Efendi, and blew up the Hamitaga barracks. Many
soldiers were killed. Then they placed bombs in the Norsin Mosque and
Haci Naci Hodja Mosque. They blew up Hafiz Hodja with his son using
granedes. Our women were raped, and our children shot.

Q: How was the evacuation carried out?

A: We left this place on 50 ships. That day the weather was stormy and
rainy, as if hell broke loose. The ships ran into each other. They
were unable to approach the pier for a long time. The weather was not
warm enough-I think it was April. We left before the Russians arrived.
There were about 250 people in our group, and 60 died. Some died at
the hands of the Armenians bandits, other from cholera, diseases, and
hunger.

My uncle, his family and children, were all cut into pieces with a
hatchet under a mulberry tree in our neighbourhood. They (Armenians)
massacred all those who stayed behind when we left. We lived in Norsin
neighbourhood at the time. They burned Van entirely. All was planned
by the Armenian committees that treacherously manipulated the Armenian
population.

Q: Do, you remember the names of those committees?

A: Dashnak was the most prominent one. There were others as well, but
I don't remember their names now. They received money and gold from
Russia and Britain.

Q: Did the Armenians kill a lot of women and children?

A: The elderly didn't bother much, but all the young people were
armed. They killed whoever they could catch. They killed them and
threw them into the lake or onto the fire. For example, a woman was
baking bread in a nearby village, and had her young child was at her
side. The Armenians went into her backyard and asked her what she was
doing. When she answered that she was baking bread, they insisted she
needed a kebab as well, and pierced her child and threw him into the
fire and burned him alive.

What else can I tell you? God knows the extent of what went on. During
our escape, we took off on the ships, and stayed around the islands
for four days. We couldn't sleep at nights because of the wails and
screams we heard all night. These were the cries we heard from the
surrounding villages: Zeve, Bardakci, Kalac, and Molla Kasim. I hope
God ensures that we don't have to get back to those days again, ever.

Q: Where did you go after the islands?

A: From the islands we went to the Dervis village. It took us all day
to get there. Ten ships were tied together at the edge of the lake. We
were very frightened. In the morning we left toward Tatvan, and
finally reached our destination. We were able to rest there, and later
left toward Biths.

Q: Do you remember how many people were with you in your convoy?

A: There were between 10 and 20 thousand people in our convoy.

Q: Did many people from your convoy die in the exodus?

A: Of course.

Q: Could you tell us how they died?

A: The women could not take care of their children. Some would leave
them in far areas. Hunger and disease were at its peak. For example,
Omer Efendi wrapped his child in rags and left him alive under a tree
as we approached the Bitlis creek. There were many other children like
this thrown into the Bitlis creek or buried, then they died. But, Omer
Efendi regretted what he did, and a few days later went to save the
child and brought him back alive.

Q: How long were you a refugee?

A: Three years.

Q: What did you find when you returned to Van? How was Van, was there
much damage?

A: I saw Van; it was completely destroyed and burned. When we were in
Bitlis, the Deputy Governor Ömer Bey was there. He would regularly
receive reports on the situation in Van. We would learn about the
situation of the Russians there. One day a soldier, Mansur, came to
Bitlis. He was from Aleppo and used to live near the Norsin Mosque. He
was in tears as he told us the story of how they entered Van, and saw
that the women were lined up in a row with their head scarves still
on. As they approached, they saw that they were impaled and killed.
They removed them and buried them. The soldiers left all their work
and buried them. Later, they went to another location where the women
had been raped and then killed. There was blood everywhere.

A similar incident occurred in the Amik village which is close here.
The inhabitants took refuge in the castle and pulled up the ladder
when the Armenians arrived. The Armenians approached and convinced
them to let down the ladder because they were now friendly and there
was no reason to be afraid of. As soon as they ascended the stairs,
they separated the children and men and threw them down the hill. Some
of the women threw themselves from the castle, while the others were
taken to an unknown location.

Q: Did you hear about similar incidents at the time?

A: Of course I did, but what else can I tell you? Dignity, chastity,
and integrity all was gone. We suffered so much, some people even ate
flesh like cannibals. But we were so merciful that, when we found
Armenians hiding on the island, we didn't do anything to them.

Q: Were they the Armenians who stayed when you fled?

A: No, they were Armenians remaining on the island. During the exodus
they brought, many Turks to this island and killed them. The ship
captains were Armenians. Many of our, people were maliciously killed
in this way on the ships. As I told you earlier, we couldn't sleep
because of the wads in those days. When we left, Van was burning, and
it was still burning when the soldier Mansur came.

Q: Will you tell us about your situation in Bitlis?

A: When we arrived in Bitlis as refugees, they were angry with us
because we abandoned Van. Initially the people of Bitlis were not very
kind to us, asking us why we ran away and did not fight against the
enemy. We answered that we had no other choice because we did not have
guns or ammunition. Not long after, the population of Bitlis had to
flee as well, and they understood our position. The heat was extreme.
There was no food or water. Cholera and diseases were spreading out.
Many people died. One day we saw some vehicles coming from Elazig. The
army corps came with Armenian drivers to bring salt to Harput.

Q: Were the drivers Armenian?

A: Yes. Armenian soldiers who were carrying salt. There was a captain
leading them and my brother approached him and asked him to stay and
send a telegraph to arrange for a truck to carry us. We obtained
permission from Mustafa Kemal Pasha and they started to transport us
to Divarbakir. There was neither food nor water on the way. Many
people died from diseases. At that time, there was a landowner named
Mehmet. He later died, but he was a unique person. He gave food to the
army and fed their horses as well. He also handed the keys of his
stables over to the army. A year later Mustafa Kemal Pasha came,
talked to him, and asked how much the government owed him. When he
said "for what?", Mustafa Kemal explained that the army had depended
on him for a year. He answered that "they are welcomed for the
remaining food, as well". Anyway, when he saw us, he gave the order to
set up a feast table right away. Wheat, rice, lentil, and meat were
prepared. Everyone ate.

Let me tell you another story. I saw many of the men who had been
tortured by the Armenians with my own eyes. In some places they had no
meat on their bones. From hunger they ate human flesh. There was a
milkman called Faik whose father was carrying a child when we saw him.
When I asked him what he was doing, he said if he didn't carry the
child away, they would eat him too.

I hope God doesn't make us live through those days again. Hunger and
disease left us with nothing. No dignity, chastity, no nothing.

++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3354

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Ibrahim Sargin

Father's Name : Halil
Place of Birth: Van-Zeve
Date of Birth: 1903

I am from the well-known Zeve village, site of the most rampant
Armenian massacres.

Q: How old were you when the Armenians rebelled?

A: I had just turned 11 at the time.

Q: Were your parents alive at the time?

A: Yes, they were.

Q: Were they subjected to Armenian atrocities?

A: I will tell you all about that later. I first want to try to
explain the situation of the Armenians. We know how untrustworthy the
Armenians and Russians were, and about their efforts to stab the
Ottoman State from behind by forming bands of rebels. At that time,
Russians were paying Armenians wages. However, the Armenians were
paying the Ottoman State only one gold coin in taxes while those
unable to pay that much, were paying five silver coins. There were
certain changes during the rule of Sultan Hamid and Sultan Resad. They
extended equal rights to the Armenians, declaring that they would be
equal to Muslims, like brothers. They passed a law abolishing the tax
imposed on them, and made them equal to us. There was jubilation in
the streets. Armenian priests and our religious leaders hugged each
other and kissed. At this time, it was also decided that Armenians
would serve in the army with us and study in our schools. The
Armenians were thrilled with these changes. As soon as they had the
opportunity, they established committees and asked for money from
France and England and arms from Russia. They figured they could
co-operate with the Russians, receive military supplies from them, and
attack the Ottomans while the Russians could advance from the outside.

What did the Russians do? They constructed storage bins out of the
stove pipes and stove metal. These bins were three feet long and one
and a half feet wide, and filled with arms and munitions. Some of our
supplies including kerosene came from Russia at the time. The Russians
delivered these military supplies to the Armenians by hiding them in
the bins and covering them with kerosene containers. Having armed the
Armenians in this way, the Russians sent a member of the secret
revolutionary society from Russia. His name was Aram, and he was blind
in one eye. A Russian Armenian, they named him Aram Pasha. Then they
brought someone named Antranik to Mus, and called him Antranik Pasha.
Plus, there was an Armenian revolutionary committee leader nicknamed
Sahin (Falcon) in the Karagunduz village of the Ercek region. They
would set up committee organisations and head for the Turkish borders.
They crossed into the Turkish villages where they would attack and
kill Turks, and then retreat. They carried weapons and bandits to
Karagunduz on horseback.

Q: Do you remember the revolutionary committees in the region and the
names of their leaders?

I named some of them a little earlier. I don't remember any other
names. They armed themselves with the help of the Russians, and came
on horses. They created storage areas in the Sisanus village, and
moved to a lake village which was completely inhabited by Armenians
who had moved into the village earlier. On the lake there were
enormous ships which could carry 500-600 people. These ships would
carry arms and ammunition to Adilcevaz, Ahlat, Ercis, and Gevas. Some
would later be sent to Tatvan, Mus and Bitlis. The Armenians armed
themselves well with these supplies, and started to form guerrilla
groups. More specifically, they organised fighters and hid them on the
Islands of Akdamar, Carpanak, and Kadin Tbese fighters later scattered
throughout the area, insulting and provoking the public. After a
while, they decided to get along with the Russians. After the Russians
declared war to the Ottoman Empire, all of our soldiers left the area.
Some went to the Caucasian front line, while others went to the
Iranian front line. The Armenian soldiers accompanied our soldiers.
After the two sides started fighting, our soldiers noticed that they
were being shot from behind. The doctors could not understand why
soldiers who should be hit from the front were hit from behind. Then
they realised that Armenian soldiers would kill ours whenever the
opportunity arose. We lost perhaps thousands of our soldiers in this
way, but it was too late when it was discovered. Some of the traitors
were found, while some joined the Russian fighters. This war lasted
two and a half years. Our soldiers were in terrible shape, and were
forced to retreat. The Russian military started to advance. When they
arrived at the Caldiran plains, they came across the Hamidiye regiment
which was formed during the reign of Sultan Hamit and was composed of
tribes. The Russians used the Hamidiye organisation for their own
means, telling them to provide soldiers to defend the area, while they
would provide munitions and arms.

A soldier who heard that the Russians arrived in Caldiran ran to his
village (Derebey) and told the village headman that it was futile to
work in the fields since the Russians had already arrived in Caldiran,
which meant they would be in the village either that day or the next.
He told the villagers they would all be killed if they didn't flee.
Hearing this, the villagers gathered together, took some food and
whatever they could carry, and left toward Van. They first reached the
Zorava village, which is Circassian. When the inhabitants asked them
what was going on, they told them that they were headed to Van because
the Russians had entered Caldrran and were advancing toward Muradiye.

Hearing this, the villagers in Zorava joined the refugees. Later there
were eight villages which joined this caravan to Van; Hakis, Zorava,
Derebey, Sih Omer, Sihkara, Sihayne, Hidir and Göllü. They had no idea
that Van was emptied and that its inhabitants had migrated. When they
arrived at the Everek plains, they saw some Armenians who asked them
in Armenian: "Where are you mindless people going?" to which they
answered, "We're going to Van. We will go wherever the inhabitants of
Van go." To this the Armenians showered them with insults and added
"Turks left Van over six or seven days ago, and are refugees. The
administration of Cevdet Pasha was over long time ago. Aram Pasha's
Administration was formed. All of the wounded, hospitalised, women and
children in Van were killed. Mosques were torched, barracks burned. We
cut up all of the Muslims in Van. There were only 20-30 women
remaining, and we gave them to Aram Pasha." To this, Circissian Ibo
said that they would become prisoners, and proposed that they go to
Zeve, which was very close to the lake. He suggested they could find a
ship there and save the women and children.

By the time this group of refugees reached our village (Zeve), we saw
that there were over 2,000 of them. When we asked them what happened,
they responded, "We were fleeing to Van, but Armenians stopped us and
told as that the inhabitants of Van had already migrated, so we came
here to acquire a ship in the hope of saving our women and children."

It was spring and it was not easy to settle the refugees in our small
village, but we did our best. We settled them in homes, tents, and
barns. There were more than 2,000 of them, and they stayed with our
villagers who numbered about 500. In addition, soldiers disbanded from
the army came home to our village. You should have seen them. They had
long beards, their uniforms were torn, they were full of lice. We
settled them, too. One was my brother Necip, my cousin Mustafa, my
brother-in-law Mehmet, my cousin Ilyas, Recep, son of Saban, Mustafa's
son Seyyat, and Emrah's son Sukru. They were emaciated -just skin and
bones. They took of their clothes and burned them and pulled of the
lice. My uncle Yusuf was a good barber. After scrubbing their heads
with hot water, he shaved them with a razor. Believe me, because of
the lice, blood was dripping from their faces and eyes. They were
somewhat more comfortable after that.

Two days had passed. On the third day, the village Hodja began his
morning call to prayer. Those who wanted to pray and the others went
to work, There was a river in the middle of our village. If flows all
the way from the Iranian border, and becomes a lake in the spring when
the snow melts. But we were never sure exactly where this water came
from. One day we heard a woman's voice from the other side of the
river calling for someone to carry her to our side. On hearing this,
my uncle grabbed his purse, followed the sounds, and was suprised to
see, Esma, the daughter of Ahmet, who married someone in the Molla
Kasim village.

She promised to tell her story after my uncle helped her cross the
river. He helped her onto the saddle and brought her to this side of
the river. At this time the villagers had already finished their
morning prayer and gathered around them. She told them to defend
themselves that Hamit, Molla Kasim, and Ayanos had been killed, and
that the perpetrators would be in our village any day now. The Hodja
addressed the crowd with "Friends, we are Muslims. It doesn't fit our
religion for us to die needlessly. We have about 60 weapons, 2 chests
full of ammunition, and eight or nine soldiers with guns and bullets.
Let's defend our village. My father's cousin, Hodya Osman who served
with Cevdet Pasha had sent 60 guns and the ammunition."

There were hills near our village, below the bridge. There were plains
on the top, and grasslands below. The villagers took their positions
on the top part of the hills, and waited for the Armenians to advance.
When the Armenians surrounded the village on three fronts and
attacked, our villagers were prepared. They fought the Armenians until
noon. When our side charged them, the Armenians were startled. Some of
them fled to Mermit village, while other went to Vadar village.
Afterwards they started to re-grouping. There were other Armenian
villages such as the enormous Alay village comprised of 400 homes.
They gathered together, all of the Armenians, and again started a
battle which continued until the end of the mid-afternoon prayer.
After the mid-afternoon prayer, there were up to one hundred horses
speeding down Erzurum Street which originated in Van. The villagers
thought that they were Ottoman soldiers who came to their assistance
after hearing gunfire, but soon saw that they were Russian Armenians
who heard the gunfire and came to the village. The fighting started
again, and our villagers started to run out of bullets. The Armenians
saw this as an opportunity and entered the village by killing the
Turks who were guarding it. The village was burning, and herds of
people numbering two or three thousand started to flee. The Armenians
were throwing small children in the air and piercing them with
bayonets or sticking them in the stomach with bayonets. The children
let out shrill cries and foil to the ground like baby birds. In
desperation, some of the women and young girls threw themselves into
the river, while others lit fire to bails of grass and threw
themselves into the bonfire.

They captured Corporal Seyat alive, laid him one the ground, undressed
him, and skinned him alive. They also carved out his shoulders and
carved into his sides, taunting him by saying that Sultan Resat
promoted him and gave him a medal. The Armenians also set fire to the
grass and threw some of our women and children into the fire and
burned them alive. They sliced the throats of the rest of the
survivors as if they were sacrificial lambs. Not one child survived.
After massacring the entire village, they killed the five most
attractive women; my cousin Sober, Esma, the headman's wife, a distant
relative Hayriye, my aunt Aye, and Güllü. Then they left. I'll explain
to you how I survived even though the Armenians vowed to continue the
massacres until we were all dead. My father was very well known, and
he had extended much kindness to the Bardakci village. My father had
once saved the life of Kirbe, and his son Asvador was among the
Armenians. Although at the time my father was in Iran as a reserve
officer, Asvador came to us during the massacre. Asvador told the
Armenians not to touch me, my mother, and one of my sisters and saved
our lives. After the Armenians left, Asvador took us out of hiding.
The wounded were moaning from pain, begging for someone to wrap their
wounds or give them some water.

Asvador brought us to the Bardaci village where we stayed for some
time. My cousin Sema in Bardakci would swear to us that in the evening
the Armenians would come and pick out ten or eleven women out of the
150, and rape them until the morning. The women were covered with
blood, and after they dropped them off they were unable to sit.

Meanwhile a Russian government was established in Van and Aram Pasha
became its leader. Aram Pasha's government proclaimed that any refugee
who is in need of food or water is welcome to Van. My father at this
time was in the Hacik village where he and my uncles were on Halil
Pasha's boat. From there they went to a village in the Hosap region.
When my uncles heard the proclamation they went to Van. They were
shocked to see that the city was burned and completely destroyed. The
city used to be at the foothill of the castle. Everything was
completely destroyed: the buildings, barracks, mosques, bathhouses,
and government buildings.

My father was from the Hacbahan neighbourhood where there were
Armenian homes and stores. Coincidentally, Asvador ran into him on the
street. After the customary greeting, my father asked him if he had
any news about our village. Asvador responded that they had
slaughtered all of Zeve, but that his younger wife, child and daughter
were safe with him. He volunteered to hand us over to my father. My
father acknowledged the favour by Asvador, but feared that the
Armenians would kill him if he went to the village, so he suggested
that Asvador bring us to him instead so that he could take us away.
When Asvador came to see us that night, he told us that he ran into my
father, and that we should prepare ourselves so that he could take us
to him. In the morning he loaded us onto an ox cart, took us to Van,
and delivered Lis to my father. We didn't stay long because the
Armenians were raiding a village; many people were fleeing either
towards Iran, Mardin or Diyarbakir to save their lives.

Q: Mr. Ibrahim, can you tell us about what happened in Van. Apparently
the first revolt took place, where the castle was toppled by cannon
fire, the city was completely destroyed, and an Armenian government
was set up. Since you were in Zeve you may have seen the troubles in
Van. Do you have any knowledge of the incidents in Van?
A: They used cannon fire to burn the castle. At that time we were in
the village of Bardakci, and could see the fire in Van from there.
Mosques, buildings and barracks were burned. After capturing the
castle, they aimed some of the cannon fire downhill. The mosque near
the castle also was burned and destroyed, as well as the Hamitaga
barracks. They butchered almost all of the Muslims there -only a few
women survived. After the Russian government was established, these
women complained Armenians to the Russian authorities, and asked for
protection because they trusted the Russians more. The Russians had
the women guarded and did not violate their virtue, but the Armenians
raped our women and massacred the children and the elderly.

Q: Mr. Ibrahim, is it possible that one of the reasons that the
Russian soldiers did not touch your women was the possible presence of
Turks in the Russian army?

A: Yes. There were Crimean and Caucasian soldiers and officers. They
protected our women because they too were Muslims. In fact, they even
sent them back to their villages including the Molla Kasim village.
During the massacres they could only send 30 of the 150 women. They
planned to stay in the Molla Kasim village until the Ottoman military
arrived. However, they were subject to even further hardships. When
the Russians retreated, the Armenians stayed behind. The Armenians
suggested that the Russians leave their weapons, ammunition, cannons,
and supplies, so they could fight the Ottoman government. When the
Russians left all of their equipment to them, the Armenians became
even more ruthless and continued the massacres. When our army starting
arriving from Bitlis to Gevas and clashing with these Armenians, the
Armenians headed to Van toward Muradiye and Kars. They ultimately went
to Russia and Iran. Only a handful of Armenians remained behind. They
stayed on small islands in Lake Van such as Carpanak.

Q: Were there any Armenians in yourk Zeve village?

A: No, none.

Q: Where were you at the time that the Armenians established an
Armenian government with the Russians?

A: We were in Zeve at the time.

Q: How many people from Zeve survived?

A: Including to myself, six women were saved from Zeve, and that was
only because of a good deed my father had done earlier. Everyone else
was murdered, including many women and children.

Q: They say that a mosque near the Van castle was burned. Was this
mosque in Van or Zeve?

A: It was in Van, but mosques in Zeve were burned down as well. In Van
they burned other mosques such as the Kayacelebi, Ulu, and Hüsrev
Pasha, as well as many smaller mosques. You can still see all of their
traces.

Q: Were there any people inside the mosques in Van when they were
burned down?

A: Without a doubt.

Q: How about in Zeve?

A: Many had gone into the mosque for protection. Among them were uncle
Hamza, Dervis, and Derebeyli. I don't remember the names of the others
except for a great personality in Zeve whose name you may have heard;
Sultan Haci Hamza. He built the first dervish lodge in the area.

Q: Isn't it true that during the massacres the Turks sought refuge in
the lodge thinking that they would not be killed?

A: They sought shelter in the tomb, not the lodge.

Q: They say that the Armenians burned down the tomb, is that right?

A: It is true. They set fire to the tomb too, and threw everyone
inside killed, but three people survived. Unfortunately, mosques,
tombs made no difference to them. They burned them down with everyone
inside. I hope God will protect us from similar events in the future.

++++++++++++++++++

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3355

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Ayse Sevimli

Father's Name : Dervis
Mother's Name : Hayriye
Place of Birth : Van-Zeve
Date of Birth : 1897

When the villagers heard that the Armenians were coming, they took as
many precautions as possible. They dug positions in the hills. The
inhabitants of seven villages filled up our village. There was little
room in the village to manoeuvre around the people and carts. on the
day that we heard the Armenians had almost reached the village, the
men ran to take their positions and began fighting.

We had no ammunition or weapons assistance. When the Armenians entered
our village, some of our men died fighting; others were burned in
their homes. I hid with my mother and some others in a barn further
away from the fighting grounds I got under a large basket. The
Armenians killed everyone they found and also fired at the barns. A
bullet hit my mother's scarf, but she was not hurt. I know of only two
other women who survived.

The Armenians went to Bardakci before they came to our village. My
God, when we went out at night, blood, gunfire, mourning, and wailing
filled the air. I saw them torturing people by cutting "pockets" out
of skin while mockingly telling them they were decorating them with
medals. When we approached the Bardakci village, I saw that on the
other side of the brook, in the field near Mehmet's house they had
tied the arms of five men together and were shooting at them. When
they fell to the ground, they stabbed them with bayonets. My mother
handed them all of her money and valuables so that we would not be
hurt. They then brought us to Van, and tortured the prisoners in
unmentionable ways. We stayed in the military barracks for four
months. We later became refugees and remained as such until April
1918.

++++++++++++++++++

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3356

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Haci Zekeriya Koc

Father's Name : Yakup
Mother's Name : Nadide
Place of Birth : Van

When the Armenian incidents broke out we were in our village. Ayanis..
Zeve. Mollakasim and Ayanis were the villages in the region inhabited
entirely by Muslim. There were five or ten Armenian homes in the other
villages. Before these problems broke at, we had excellent relations
with the Armenians. We got along particularly well with
Armenian-inhabited Alaköy. We would invite each other to banquets, and
there were no hostilities between us.

Then when everything started and the residents of Van fled, we decided
to migrate as well. We got together, filled four carts as much as
possible, and got on the road. As we were leaving the village, a man
came from Van, and asked us where we were going. When we told him, he
urged us to stay, saying he, had cannons, guns, and military supplies.
on his encouragement, everyone returned home. Three days passed. On
the fourth day, we were at my grandmother's. I was standing and eating
a piece of buttered bread my grandmother prepared for me. Three
villagers were there helping us out. We heard one gunshot, and the men
said "This noise is from Armenian guns, it buzzes like tin. Our
weapons clatter. Something is going on."

Meanwhile someone came from Mollakasim, stood on tire hilltop of our
village, and yelled Why are you still around? Kurds raided and
plundered Alakoy, and the Armenians are attacking villages." Right
after this my cousing Dursun showed up. An elderly woman asked him why
he came. He had a bullet on his thumb and said, "They destroyed the
village and I ran away. Before the villagers had a chance to organize,
the Armenians surrounded the village. The Armenians captured our
livestock near the cemetery and took them to Alaköy. The Armenians
went into the villages and separated the men and stuffed them into a
room. Their leader was Hamados Pasha, who had paid Iranian Kurds to
fight with him. He told his fighters to separate all males over the
age of seven, and add them to the men to he burned.

They spoke Turkish almost as well as we did. At that time I was seven
years old. My mother immediately wrapped a scarf around my head, put a
loose dress on me, and pulled me by her side. I survived, but they
picked out four or five people from among us and took them away near
the men. As soon as they added them to the men they poured gasoline on
the crowd and lit a fire. The screams emanating from there reached the
skies. They rounded up the women and took them outside. They would
mock them saying "ladies why don't you sit here and rest. Look how
nicely the dogs are at each other's throats. "The "dogs" they referred
to were someone's son, husband, father or uncle. They were crying "oh
my God" in agonizing pain. They made us sit there for up to an hour.
When we walked by the cemetery, one of the Armenians began singing a
ballad mocking us.

At that moment we saw that the Armenians shot my mother's cousin with
her child still nursing on her breast, then an Armenian came and
killed the child with a bayonet. They killed a lot of people in that
area. Those that could run away escaped, those that couldn't had gas
poured over them and were burned. We were forced to sit there for
quite a while.

Hamza, Haci Ummet's uncle lived in our village. He always carried a
dagger. The Armenians were going to carry him away and kill him, but
he ran toward them. He was either going to kill them or be killed.
Unfortunately he was not able to overcome them. Before they killed him
they carved out "pockets" in his thighs and placed his hands inside.
Excuse my language, but they cut his organ and placed it in his
mounth, and cut his nose and placed it in his behind.

They then took us to a hilltop in Alakoy before taking us into the
village. There they packed us into a barn. The children in the group
were starving and began to wail from hunger. The Armenians cut off the
hands, feet and other organs of the dead men, cooked and brought them
as food. The children could not differentiate, but the women said that
it was preferable to starve, and explained the truth to the children.
When nightfall came, they flooded the barn with water. The women had
placed the children on their shoulders and were shouting. After some
time they emptied the water out of the barn by opening a trench. The
next day the women were escorted out, and dried their clothes on rocks
outside the village. The women of Molakasim lived a little further
down our place. The Armenians had killed the men in the village there
and imprisoned the women.

In other words they were raiding Muslim villages, killing the men, and
imprisoning the women in Alakoy then led us onto the road towards Van.
When we arrived at the Mermit stream, some of the women threw
themselves into the water to kill themselves rather than die in the
hands of their captors. The infidels shot them from behind and killed
some of them. They broke the arms and mashed the heads of some that
wanted to jump into the water. I was with my mother, aunt, and
grandmother. My mother was still nursing my sister. When my mother
wanted to throw herself into the water and kill herself, my
grandmother held onto her and would not let her go. The Armenians put
blockades by the stream to prevent people from jumping. The next thing
we knew, an Armenian came to us and asked my grandmother who we were,
and from which village we came from. My grandmother was rude at first,
but told him when he insisted. When she responded that we were from
the village of Ayanis, and that my grandfather's name was Muhittin,
her sons Yakup and Niyazi. He grabbed the sides of her skirt and said
he would never want or permit harm to come to us. We were stunned. He
then told us a story that when they were coming from Bahcesaray to Van
in eight wagons, my father prevented some men who wanted to kill the
Armenians from doing so, instead, he escorted them all the way to Van
then went back to the village.

That man gave us some bread, old cheese, and yogurt. In the morning
they took us from there and brought us to Bardakci. At night we slept
in the plains of the village with armed guards at our sides. What harm
could women do anyway? There were about 700-800 of us. Then in the
morning they woke us up, and took us to the foot of the castle in Van.
There the governor of Van, Cevdet Pasha, had a three-storey detention
center. They brought a lot of people there before us. One of the women
who was there gave birth to a baby. The Armenians threw the child off
the roof of the building; and the child was lost. We stayed there for
five days. In the afternoon they let us go out in the fields, and
people gathered whatever they could find to eat.

After five days, they brought two more groups of people. In the
afternoon they moved us to Haci Bekir's detention center near the old
Governor's home. They also brought the inhabitants of the Muslim
village Pürüt there. Before they passed out bread, they added sulphir
and other things to it. Up to 70 people a day died as a result. The
Armenians dug ditches along the wall across from the barracks and
brought in the dead on stretchers and threw them there. Here too, we
ran across one of the Armenians which my father had saved. That
Armenian fed us for a few days. People were attacking upon the food.

A week went by, and they told us the Russians arrived. One day a
major, a captain, and two soldiers came into the barracks and counted
and recorded the prisoners. The next day we were fed with rice and
meat, and taken outside where there were Russian guards. The Russians
asked about our villages, and told us they would take us there. When
we all wanted to go to Mollakasim, they accepted. In the morning they
loaded us onto 70-80 wagons and took us to Mollakasim. After our
arrival, we stuck together out of fear of the Armenians. We chose a
leader from among us and lived that way until the Turkish army came to
Van. After some time, we rehabilitated the villages which the
Armenians had burned and plundered.

+++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3357

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Hikmet Saylik

Father's Name: Ziver
Mother's Name: Söhret
Place of Birth: Van Gülsünler
Date of Birth: 1901

I am from the village of Gulsunler, which used to be called Sihkara.
We left the village when the Armenians raided the villages and started
massacring the Muslim population. We were going toward Van, but the
Armenians stopped us before we arrived. We had no choice but to
return. About 300 people from the village gathered in Zeve, while an
equal number returned to the village. We fled toward Hosap as a group.
Turkish soldiers were in Hosap, and they told us to leave as soon as
possible and get out of the line of fire.

In spite of the difficulties we faced, we went as far as Siirt. Many
of the refugees suffered and died due to widespread hunger and
disease. From there, we arrived in Diyarbakir, Mardin, and finally in
Adana. We then went to Konya, because the French had occupied Adana.
The government then sent us to Mersin, but when the Turkish military
took back Van, we returned. But Van and its villages were completely
ruined, burned, and destroyed. There, hundred people were martyred in
our village. They gathered the people in houses and burned them alive.
The inhabitants of Van fled, and those that remained were cut up by
the Armenians. When we returned, not all of the Armenians had left.
Some of the villages, such as Alaköy remained as they were, and the
Muslims did not hurt anyone there. The government later sent the
Armenians to Russia.

Many members of my family were martyred in this village including my
mother, father, brother Mustafa and other relatives. Around 30-40
families fled with us, but only ten families returned. Those that
stayed and those that went to Zeve were all massacred. I found the
skeletons of nearly 200 Muslims killed by Armenians. I buried them
here, but could not afford to provide headstones to be put in the
graveyard. This includes the graves of my mother and father, as the
Armenians had burned them alive.

++++++++++++++++++

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3358

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Mehmet Saar

Father's Name: Tevfik
Mother's Name: Rukiye
Place of Birth: Van-Göllü
Date of Birth: 1901

I am from the Gollu village. The Armenians revolted when the army in
Van retreated towards Erzurum. The Armenians killed all our parents.
My father was a gendarme sergeant and he was among those who were
killed. The villagers in Mollakasim, Amik, Sihayne, Gollu, Hidir,
Kurtsatan, and Koprukoy were also murdered. Some of our villagers were
hidden in Zeve and were later killed, but we were able to escape.

Armenians tortured and practiced all types of cruelties on the people
they kidnapped. They cut up pregnant women and removed the unborn
children with their bayonets. They raided and burned all of the Muslim
villages, murdering men, women, children and the old. The Muslim
population, which fled from the villages, I mentioned, tried to escape
by crossing the bridge on the Ablengez River. The Armenians demolished
the bridge, and threw the bodies of their prisoners into the river. In
the spring when the snow melted, the bodies were carried away into the
lake. During the day time, my mother, my two sisters, and I stayed in
the hills. We knew that if the Armenians found us they would kill us.
My mother died before we reached Diyarbakir. I later lost my two
sisters, and was left all alone. I stayed in Diyarbakir for three
years, and returned to my village the fourth year. Van and the Muslim
villages were all burned and destroyed, we settled down in an Armenian
village since they remained intact. We later returned to our villages
which we rebuilt with our own hands.

Words cannot express the torture we suffered at the hands of the
Armenians. We lost our homes, families, and possessions. After losing
my mother, father, and two sisters, I also lost my cousin and other
relatives who were trying to escape to Tatvan by ship with thousands
of other people. All of the passengers on the ship were brutally
slaughtered by the Armenians near the Parket village near Adilcevaz.

+++++++++++++++++

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3359

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Kadriye Duran

Father's Name : Hamid
Mother's Name : Nigar
Place of Birth : Van-Kavunlu
Date of Birth: 1904

I was ten years old when we became refugees. Before we fled, Degirmen
was an Armenian village which included 80 Armenian families and three
Muslim Turkish families. One day the Armenians gathered the three
families, cut them up, and tossed them into a well. They tortured and
killed the young men by cutting "pockets" into their thighs and
crucified them by nailing them to the walls by their foreheads.
Roughly 30 young people died this way.

A woman whose father-in-law lived in the Degirmen village came to tell
a cleric in our village what was going on in Degirmen. After this,
conflicts arose with the Armenians living in our village, and a few
Armenians were killed. After what happened in the Degirmen village, a
weapon was distributed to every home in our village as a precaution.
My father was the headman of our village. Since the surrounding
villages were Armenian, the Muslim population feared that our village
would be attacked, and gathered in the mosque. We filled sacks with
sand and used them as barriers.

During this time, two young Armenians were locked into a home because
our villagers could not stand to kill them. But they dug a tunnel
under the house, and fled to Degirmen village carrying news. Then the
inhabitants of three villages, Degirmen, Farih and another Armenian
village raided our village. The fighting lasted for more than an hour.
The Armenians controlled the bridge above the stream, and invaded
Ziyaret as well. The stream overflowed with melted snow, and it was
pure chaos when we tried to cross the stream. When my mother entered
the water, it reached her chest. Naturally, people broke their arms,
legs, or heads, while children were carried away by the water. It was
hell, pure hell. The Armenians were throwing the dead bodies onto
heaps of wheat. The bodies had piled up like hills. My father jumped
on his horse and went to Van from Akkoprü. Since Sihke was an Armenian
village, they didn't give him permission to pass through. My father
explained the situation to the governor of Van, Cevdet Pasha and asked
for his help. One hundred soldiers came to our rescue, and the
Armenians fled. We hid in the village of Dirandaz which was Muslim.
After spending the night there, my father went to Van in the morning
and asked those entering the city if we should return to our village.
They said that we shouldn't, so we were forced to become refugees. My
sisters and I wore men's clothing and hit the road.

We were going towards Edremit when the Armenians raided Van. The city
was burning, and the houses were in flames, which reached to the sky.
We reached Edremit, but they raided that too. We went from there to
Bitlis, from Bitlis to Siirt, to Diyarbakir, and then to Siverek. We
stayed there three years. There were eight people in our family who
became refugees. On the way, my brother Ali was captured. The rest
died on the road. Only my mother and I were able to return to Van. We
were not the only ones affected. The inhabitants of Van, Edremit, and
Van's Muslim villages all became refugees. Those that didn't run were
killed at the hands of the enemy, while most of those that got away
died on the road.

A few years later, my mother and I returned to Van, and could not
believe our eyes! There were ruins everywhere, a few people, but they
were all hungry, thirsty, and miserable. Neighbourhoods and houses
were empty. There was no bread, wheat, or anything. We were compelled
to return to the village of Coravanis. The wheat there was starting to
mature. We cracked the bitter seeds, boiled them, and drank the water.
The Armenians took furniture, goods, animals and everything they have
found. They destroyed our houses as well. A man on a horse who saw us
alone in the village told us that there was a grain storage area near
the pier. My mother and I went to get 60 kilos of flour there, but it
was later stolen. The Armenians had not yet withdrawn completely.
There were bandits everywhere. One time my mother and I went to the
Erek mountain to gather pieces of metal which we wanted to trade for
bread with the soldiers. We ran into six Armenians who were going to
kill us, but when it suddenly started to rain and hail, we ran away
and hid in a cave. We barely saved our lives.

We suffered considerably. Three years later my brother died in
captivity. We were told that the Armenians were going to kill him, but
the Russians objected. They had made him build roads in Armenian
villages by hand. We rebuilt our homes, planted our fields, and
started a new life.

+++++++++++

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3360

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Abdülbari Barlas

Father's Name: Mehmet Emin
Mother's Name: Ayse
Place of Birth: Van-Saglamtas
Date of Birth: 1919

As I have heard from my father, the Russians invaded our country, but
there were no phones, no radio so the villagers could not understand
where abouts the enemy come from. My father had a cousin named
Abdulkadir and my father had told to him "I am so sick and my son (my
brother) is a soldier on the Iranian front, he fights against the
Russians. Go and get information". So Abdulkadir goes. There is a
meadow behind those hills, when he climbs up the hill, he sees that
the people of Ercis are running away. Abdulkadir comes to my father
and says "All the people of Talat Aga are running away". Then my
father decides to leave the village. They immediately begin
preparations.

The season is spring, they leave the village with ox carts, but the
animals are not ready for such a journey and they quickly get tired.
They go as far as the hill standing on the southeast border of the
village. But most of the villagers give up. The imam of the village
asks my father "where are the Russians, where are the Armenians? Who
are you running away from?" My father answers "this is not a clan war!
This is the Russian war. We do not have cannons, rifles. We have to
run away." In the morning my father's family and the Sheikh family set
up again. However, people of the other thirty-eight houses stay.

The day after my father leaves the village; the villagers see that the
Russians guided by the Armenians are coming. All the villagers begin
to run through the stream, but the horsemen circle them and they
immediately kill most of them. Later they gather the others in to a
house on the hill. Two armed Armenians watch the door, and two
Armenians kill all people with bayonets. Only a woman and a little
girl are alive by remaining in silent among the dead bodies. As she
told my father later that her name was Azime and the girls was Rusen.

As Ms. Azime told, she waited until the night in silence. She
straightened out she called out if there was anybody who was alive.
Only that little girl answered her. So she takes that girl and goes to
Siirt passing through the mountains, which is a long and painful
story.. Everyone knows the place of those martyrs. But, I don't know
under which ruin they are in. But, there are many other places as
such. As I told you before, the Armenians passed through the hill by
killing everybody they saw on the way.

My father's family and the Sheikh family went to Diyarbakir, Farikin.
When they arrived, they harvested the crops. Later on the government
sent them to Konya because of epidemy where they stayed for three
years. Later, they returned to our village.

* Cousin of Abdulbari Barlas, Abdulhamit Barlas showed the place where
the Turkish villagers were killed by the Armenian bandits. He said
that the villagers who migrated found countless human bones here. As
those bones could not be collected under the circumstances of that
time, they all disappeared. In this village, the Armenians killed
150-200 people.

+++++++++++++

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3361

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Sait Kaya

Father's Name: Ahmed
Mother's name : Emine
Birth Place: Van Province Ercis District
Birth Date: 1898

I am living in Ercis since I was born. The Armenians revolted a Friday
and planned to kill the Moslems in masses. When this was heard our man
got together and killed the Armenian leaders by swords. I mean the
only leader males, because our religion prohibits the killing of
children, women and innocent and armless people.

Later when the Armenian priest was together with the Armenian Nishan
Subgovernor, he said "It is a pity that you did not allow us, we
should have killed them one week earlier." Then became spring, we
migrated from the Armenian tyranny. We escaped but the majority
stayed. The Armenians captivated them and put them inside the barns
and killed them. Just because we migrated early, no one from my family
was killed by Armenians. However several Moslems were slaughtered and
burned by the Armenians. We first moved to Diyarbakir and then to
Urfa.

We stayed there for three years. From there, we moved to Antalya. As
we were not in peace with Italy, the governor did not allow us to the
city, so went to Denizli and stayed there for eight years. Finally we
returned back to our hometown Ercis. They had already burned and
destroyed most of the houses. We worked for years and rebuilt them.

+++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=3362

ARMENIAN ISSUE
ALLEGATIONS-FACTS

ARMENIAN REBELLIONS AND MASSACRES

Veteran and Eyewitness Accounts

Yamin Tosun

Father's Name : Osman
Mother's Name : Hanim
Place of Birth: Van-Ercis-Haydarbey

I am from Haydarbey village. We became refugees when the Armenians
revolted and the Russians came. We moved to Urfa, where my mother,
father, and brothers died of the famine occurred that year. When the
Russians retreated, Armenians took over the place, but the Turkish
army pushed them back to Revan. We returned to our homes, and found
Ercis, the Muslim village and our village completely burned down and
demolished.
Roman
2004-03-06 18:51:59 UTC
CHRONOLOGICAL INDEX OF THE MAIN CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY COMMITED BY TURKEY
FROM 1878 TO THE PRESENT TIME http://imia.cc.duth.gr/turkey/chro.e.html

1878 March. Berlin Congress.

1878 June 4. Turkey sells Cyprus to England.

1879 Kurdish revolt at Badinan by Obeydalla.

1894 September-1896 August. Sultan Abdul Hamit applies the policy' of
genocide to the Armenians. In August and September 1894, Armenians are
slain in Sassun. In October 1895 takes place the first organised genocide
in Constantinople and Trebizond and in November and December 1895 the
authorities organized a great massacre throughout the country. In June
1896, the massacre of Van takes place. After the capture by the Armenians
on 26-8-1896 of the Ottoman Bank, another massacre takes place in
Constantinople. Total number of victims is 300.000.

1896 May 12. Murders of Greeks and conflicts between Greeks and Turks in
the island of Crete.

1909 end of March. New massacres of the Armenians organized by the
New-Turks at Adana, Tarsus and other towns of Cilicia. Victims are 30.000
Armenians and some American missionnaries.

1909 Revolution of the Arabs in Yemen is suppressed in bloodshed by the
New-Turks.

1911 October 1. Assassination of Emilianos, Bishop of Grevena by the
Turks.

1912 Kurdish uprising in Mardin under Bedirhan and H. Remo, and in Bitlis
under Seyh Selim.

1912 The turkish army in retreat from East Thrace loots the villages of
Didymotichon and Adrianopoli districts. Villages of the Malgara district
are burnt. The same happens in Kessani. Assassinations and massacres
accompany the destruction and looting in this predominantly greek region.

1913 February. The turkish authorities compel the Greek inhabitants of
the district of village Crithea to leave their village in East Thrace. A
brutal looting follows.

1913 The reoccupation of Eastern Thrace by the turkish army leads to
atrocities and massacres of Greeks. 15.690 are the victims of these
massacres. In the regions of Malgara and Charioupoli many villages are
also destroyed. Massacres were followed by looting.

1914 February 8. The Dutch Westerneck and the Norwegian Hoft are appointed
as General Inspectors of the Armenian provinces.

1914 May 25. The Greek Orthodox (Ecumenical) Patriarcate protests for the
persecution of Christians and commands all churches and schools to be
closed.

1914 May 27. The turkish authorities at Pergamum command all Christian
population to leave the town within two hours. The terrorized inhabitants
take refuge in the Greek island of Mytilini.

1914 May-June. The turkish authorities enforce all kinds of persecutions
in the Greek regions of West Asia Minor. The coast of Asia Minor is
devastated. In Erythrea and Phocaia the massacres of Greeks are merciless.

1914 July. The General Inspectors of the Armenian provinces arrive in
Constantinople. Mr Hoft arrives at Van.

1914 July-August. The turkish government creates the "forced labor
battalions". It is a new scheme for extermination of the Greeks-Ottoman
citizens-drafted in the turkish army. By this method of the "forced labor
battalions" 400.000 Greeks were exterminated by hunger, hardship,
maltreatment and deprivation.

1914 September. The Turks declare persecution against the Greek
inhabitants of the Makri region of the South-West Asia Minor. Many are
killed. Persecution is followed by plunders, violations and robberies.

1914 November. By order of the turkish government many villages of
Eastern Thrace where there was a great majority of Greek population are
forcibly evacuated (Neochorio, Galatas, Callipoli etc.). Plunder of houses
and shops follows. Thousands fled from their ancestral homes to Greece.

1914 November-December. By order of the turkish government, the region of
Visii and part of the Saranda Eklisiae is evacuated. 19.000 Creeks are
exiled in Anatolia and their properties looted. According to the
Ecumenical Patriarchate records, 119.940 Greeks were expelled from East
Thrace.

1914 January-December. More than 250.000 Greeks are exiled from East
Thrace and Smyrna's region. The properties of the exiled are detained.

1914 During this year turkish persecut,ions against the Greeks are
hardened. The Ecumenical Patriarchate strongly protests. Talaat bey the
Minister of internal affairs visits the provinces to examine the
complaints, but the persecutions are intensified because the mmister in
collaboration with the local authorities renclers them more systematic.

1915 April. Arrests in great numbers of Armenian intellectuals and
prominent national Armenian leaders in Constantinople and the provinces.
They are deported in Anatolia and are slain on the road. The Armenian
soldiers of the turkish army are disarmed and massacred by thousands. The
armenian population is exiled to the Syrian desert and massacred by tens
of thousands, slain by the turkish army, the irregulars and the civilians
or left to die of hunger and maltreatment 1.500.000. Armenians are the
victims of turkish ferocity.

1915 June 13. <"The formal declaration" of the Armenian extermination is
published by the Ottoman government.

1915 September 16. A secret telegram to the Allepo District Command
orders : "You have knowledge that the government has decided the thorough
extermination of the Armenian population living in Turkey. Everyone who
has a contrary opinion cannot continue to be a member of the State
administration. There must be an end to their existence without any mercy
for the women, children and invalid persons regardless of the awful means
of extermination. Minister of Internal Affairs Talaat bey". You are not
wrong. It is an order of the turkish government adressed to Turks who are
supposed to belong to the human race. Every comment is unnecessary.

1915 The Turks begin a fierce persecution against the Syrian Orthodox and
Nestorians living in Hakkari, Mardin and Midyat regions. Though not wel1
known, this persecution equals that of the Armenians. One of the first
victims was Adai Ser Archbishop of Sert. General massacres and full
destruction were its characteristics. The annihilation was almost
completed till the end of World War I.

1916 Destruction of the region Riseou-Platandu of Pontus. Plunder of the
towns Ofis, Sourmena and Gemoura. The looting organized by the Ottoman
State officials took place under the Ieadership of Ahmet bey and that of
field marshal Velip pacha.

1916 The Turks compel the inhabitants of different regions of Pontus to
immigrate to Sivas. Only 550 survived out of 16.750 inhabitants of the
Elevi and Tripoli regions. Of the 49.520 inhabitants of Trebizont only
20.300 saved their lives.

1916 December 27. All prominent of Amissos and 4000 Greeks, inhabitants
of the town are arrested and deported to Anatolia.

1917 March 10. Adil Bey, deputy of Lebanon in the Ottoman Parliament
declared officially that only in Lebanon and Syria, 144.000 persons died
of hunger purposedly provoked by the turkish administration.

1917 Spring. The deportation of 23.000 Greeks, inhabitants of Cydoniae is
ordered by the Turks.

1917 November 400 Greek families are expelled from the S.W. Asia Minor by
the Turks. Their properties are looted.

1918 January 8 The president of U.S.A. Wilson declares the principle of
self-determination for all the peoples oppressed by Turkey.

1918 April. Another 8000 Greek families are expelled from S.W. Asia
Minor.

1918 May 28. After the victory of the Armenians over the turkish army,
the independence of Armenia is proclaimed.

1918 June 4. After several months of fighting the Armenians have fought
alone against Turkey, the treaty of Batum is signed by which Turkey
recognises the Independent Armenian Republic.

1919 June 4. After 5 years of exile the inhabitants of Pergamum return
home.

1919 June 25. The French premier Clemenceau says for the Armenian
massacres : <<The whole history has not to show another example of such
organised hideous acts>>.

1920 January 19. The Supreme Allied Council recognises the independence
of Armenia.

1920 Chryssanthos, Bishop of Trebizond is condemned to death in absentio
by the Court Martial of Ankara. The Bishop of Zilon is condemned and dies
in jail.

1920 August 10. Signature of the treaty of Sevres providing an
independent Armenia, self determination for Kurdistan and liberation of
East Thrace and Smyrna's territory, according to the president Wilson
declaration for self-determination of all peoples of Asia Minor.

1920 September. Kemalist Turkey attacks Armenia. The Armenians fight
desperately against the turkish army. Finally the Armenians succumbed on
2-12-1920. The turkish victory is followed by a general massacre of the
Armenians and the annexation of one half of the independent Armenia to
Turkey..

1920 November 22. The arbitration of President of U.S.A. Wilson on the
turco-armenian frontiers is submitted.

1921 June 3. Kemalists arrest 1320 Greeks, prominent inhabitants of
Samsus. The next day they kill 701. The deads are buried in common graves
behind the house of Bekir Pacha. Threst are exiled in the interior of
Anatolia.

1922 August 24. The turkish army seizes Pergamum. The Greek citizens flee
to save their lives.

1922 September 9. The Turks enter Smyrna. The city is set on fire. Wild
massacres of Greeks and Armenians take place. The victims count about
150000 persons.

1922 October. After the evacuation of East Thrace by the Greek army,
300000 Greeks are compelled to leave their country, where their ancestors
have lived for thousands of years.

1914-1922 October. It is estimated that during these 8 years, the Greek
nation has suffered by the Turks : a. M a s s a c r e s. More than 150.000
Greeks of the Pontus region and more thanl.400.000 Greeks of Asia Minor
have perished by massacres, shooting, hanging, hunger and inhuman and
criminal maltreatment by Turks. b. R e f u g e e s. It is estimated that
more than 1.700.000 Greeks were saved from the turkish murderous frenzy as
refugees.1.400.000 of them came to Greece from East Thrace, Asia Minor and
Pontus. About 200.000 went to Russia from Pontus and the rest were
dispersed all over the world. All these persons left their fatherland,
after more than 3000 years, during which their ancestors have continuously
lived in these regions, chased by the Turks, newcomers in Asia Minor.

1924 July 10. Kurdish revolt of Nasturi in Hakkari. It was suppressed by
the 7th turkish Army corps after 79 days 36 villages were destroyed 12
others were levelled down to the earth.

1925 March 3. The great Kurdish revolution bursts out at Elazig under
Seyh-Sait 10.000 Kurds seize Harput and attack Diyarbakir, the Capital of
Kurdistan After the complete destruction of 48 villages, the,revolution
was suppressed on 7/10/1927 drowned in Kurdish blood.

1926 May 16. Mount Agri Kurdish revolt takes place. The rebels caught
prisonner, the 28th turkish infantry division. The revolt after being
spread to the regions of Hakkari, Siirt and Mardin, was suppressed after
fierce fights with more powerful forces on 17/7/1926.

1927 May 30. A great Kurdish revolution in Diyarbakir and Agri under Seyh
Enver. It was suppressed after violent fights on 7/10/1927. 2000 Kurdish
fighters were killed. For many days the waters of Murat river were turned
red by the blood of the slain Kurdish fighters.

1928 Two Kurdish uprisings took place. The first under Resul Aga at
Siirt, and the second under Ali Can. Accurate information lacking, owing
to Martial Law.

1930 June 2. Kurdish uprising at Agri region. It was suppressed on
18-9-30.

1930 August 31. Turkish newspaper Milliet publishes a declaration of
Premier Ismet Inonu "Only the turkish nation has the right to have
national claims in this country. No other element has such a right".

1930 September 30. Turkish paper Milliet publishes a statement of the
turkish minister of Justice : "The Turk is the only master in his country.
Those who are not pure Turks have one right in this country : The right to
be servants, the right to be slaves". This is the way Turkey understands
the human rights and behaves to the minorities of Armenians, Greeks,
Syrians and Kurds. Even today 12 million Kurds have not a school, their
language, their music and dances are prohibited, their leaders persecuted
and the Kurdish people killed.

1935 A Kurdish uprising under Buban in Bitlis and in Siirt under Abdul
Rahman takes place.

1937 A Kurdish revolution under Seyh Risa bursts at Dersim. Details are
not known because of the severe censorship by turkish authorities.

1937 May 23. The turkish government forbids the edition of the newspaper
of Constantinople Son Telegraph, because it has referred to the Kurdish
sufferings.

1938 November 10. Death of Kemal Ataturk, the butcher of Kurds, Greeks
and Armenians who saved his country from partition.

1941 May. Mobilisation of 20 classes of the Greek and Armenian minorities
living in Turkey and having Turkish citizenship, in order to exterminate
them in the same manner, as they have already done during World War I,
through the forced-labor battalions.

1942 November 11. The law of taxation on property of the non Muslims of
Turkey (Varlik Vergisi) is voted. It is a hideous attempt of economic
extermination of the Greek and Armenian communities, which were exposed
undefended to the excesses and abuse of power by the turkish economic
authorities.

1955 September 6. The turkish authorities organize a great pogrom against
the Greeks of Constantinople. 29 Churches were burnt and 46 looted. The
graves of the Ecumenical Patriarchs and Christian cemeteries were
vandalised. Thousands of shops were destroyed. Hundreds of women raped.
Vandalisms at a smaller scale took place in Smyrna.

1974 July 20. The turkish army invades the independent and armless island
of Cyprus, member of U.N.O. and seizes 40% of it, on pretext that this is
necessary for the Turkish-Cypriot minority which equals 18% of the whole
population.

1974 July-August. Despite the resolutions of the U.N. Security Council No
353, 357, 358, 359, 360 etc which urged : "The withdtawal without delay
from the Republic of Cyprus of foreign military personnel". The invading
turkish forces have turned into a permanent occupation army, which for l0
years does not conform with the above resolutions, despises U.N.O.,
challenges every conscientious man of the World and undermines world
peace.

1978 December 25. Turkish fascists massacre hundreds of Kurds in Marash.

1978 December 28. Proclamation of Martial Law in 15 provinces of Turkish
Kurdistan prohibiting for 3 years now any information about the sufferings
of the Kurdish people. The fascist gevernment of Ankara hopes that they
will achieve by force the submission of the enslaved peoples of Asia
Minor. They hope they will continue to occupy the country of Armenia,
Kurdistan, North Cyprus and the Greek fatherland of East Thrace and West
Asia Minor. The future will prove how wrong they are. Every free and
conscientious man of the world must help for that.
david coors
2004-03-07 17:12:50 UTC
Roman <***@here.de> is a thug and mouth-piece of Armenian
anti-Turkish hatred industry and a fabricator of anti-Turkish hate
propaganda.

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_salim_efendi.html

Testimony with oath of Salim Efendi, son of Sadullah (2.6.1916) (A
police officer of Van, later appointed to Mardin)

Upon the approach of Russians towards Van, the Armenians residing
at the provinces and villages in the vicinity, began to riot against
Ottoman Administration and make enemy-like demonstrations. At the same
time, they did not obey the instructions of the administration on tax
payment, and they participated in the approaching Russian army. They
were reaching the villages, attacking on passangers, killing all of
the Moslems they meet with on their way, massacring the wounded
soldiers who were returning to their villages on leave.

After a short time, the Armenians of Van, rioted openly against
Ottoman Government. They began to attack on soldiers, gendarme and
police officers with their weapons on the streets of the province.
They used to kill all of the Moslems they caught, fire at the persons
they see at the windows or in front of the houses of Moslems.

This situation continued for 27 days. Even if after the occupation of
the province, the Armenian continued their barbarism, wickedness and
insolence. They were running after those who escaped and killing them
in the middle of the street. Hundreds of Moslems, men, women, and
children who remained in the province have been subject to torture by
these Armenian gangs and massacred. Some Moslems who escaped towards
Bitlis on board of three sailboats, were martyred at Adilcevaz
subdistrict, around Parkat by the Armenians. Police officers Celal
Efendi, Hasim Efendi and Mustafa Efendi who accompanied these
immigrants, were wounded during struggles and they could come to
Bitlis.

The residents of the villages of Timar subdistrict, such as Zeve,
Molla Kasim, Seyh Kara, Seyh Ayne, Ayanis, Zorova and Pakiz, were
massacred by the Armenian gangs, like residents of other villages.

Before the occupation of Van by the Russians, six gendarmes,
Sheikh Aga Efendi Riza Maho, Hoca Hasan Efendi, deputy president of
Accounting Department of Van, and his family consisting of six people,
secondary school teacher Rasim Efendi and his family and furthermode
some other people had been marytred by the Armenians of Van.
Lieutenant Hüseyin Efendi, was attacked at his house and his daughter
Nadide was raped and wounded. Other young girls and women were raped
also and hundreds of houses were burned together with those who lived
inside these.

++++++++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/

testimony_of_mehmed_tufan_efendi.html

Testimony with oath of Mehmed Tufan Efendi (4.6.1916) (Son of Major
Esad Efendi, Deputy judge at court)

The Armenians in Turkey, have brought the independence idea, as a
fixed idea for a long time, and have tried take out a part of the
empire with all the possibilities they had.

The Armenians, without concealing their aims and desires, after
the declaration of Generalmobilization, began to put forward their
revolutionist ideas, by transforming these aims into operation. The
Armenia committees, that had been organized previously, began to be
active and have been guides and couriers of Russian units. These
Armenians called the Russians and made them to come on November 22,
1914 to the management center of Sikefti subdistrict at Hakkari
region, which was Dir village.

While the Russian were occupying Dir village, the Armenian gangs
killed all the men at Kurdish villages on their way and put thousands
of children to sword.

Together with young women, more than 400 Kurdish girls were raped
old women were killed.

Before the occuppation of Baskale, that was the administration
center of the region, by the enemy, the Armenians came to this town on
November 30, 1914 and began their wild activities. The Armenians,
under the chairmanship of Oseb, son of Haço, declared so-called a
martial law at church and imprisoned more than 200 Moslems on whom
previously they applied all kinds of torture to take out their money,
in the stable section of the church.

The Armenian Committees, under the command of Garabet Efendi, who
was a judge at court, entered into the houses of Moslem and Jewish
people and plundered all the goods and furniture they found. Like the
house of Sheikh Taha, Sheikh Yusuf, Seyyid Ibrahim and Ali Efendi, all
of the houses of civil servants and public were plundered in the same
way by the Armenian pillagers. The goods and furniture and jewelery,
worth of 300 liras belonging to people were taken away. Furthermore,
they plundered the food warehouse of the official commission who
blocked some of the goods for the mobilization, the goods of Süleyman,
son of Nuril and those at the shops of other Moslem merchants.
Süleyman, son of Nuril was taken to the chuch and subjected him to
torture there, and at the end, they branded his sword with a hot iron
to give 5.000 liras. Stolen goods were distributed among Armenian
Committees.

The enemy remained 13 days in Baskale. During this period, the
Armenians showed all kinds of despising behavior towards Moslem, even
they arranged dissipation festivals at the mosques.

The roads were full with the corpses of women whose breasts were
cut, abdomens were opened up, children who were cut into pieces, young
girls who were raped and men whose eyes were carved.

It is not possible to explain the wilderness made by the Armenians
one by one.

++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/
testimony_with_oath_of_fehim_bey.html

Testimony with oath of Fehim Bey, son of Kahraman Bey from Muradiye
(10.6.1916) (Now, he is residing at Killaf village)

In May 1915, the Russian-Armenian units consisting of Armenians in
majority, occupied Bayezid and 300 villages of Abaga subdistrict of
Muradiye.

They massacred the Moslems they met on the way, even those who
surrendered. As we knew that even if we surrendered, we would have the
same end like our co-religionists, we decided to immigrate to Ercis
together with the residents of the villages around Muradiye.

While we were leaving our village to go to Ercis, 10.000 Moslems from
Abaga subdistrict which was rescued from Armenian oppression, took
shelter in Muradiye. We left the region on the same day. Later on, a
few women, with tears on their eyes and children who rescued and
joined us, told us that the remaining people of Abaga subdistrict who
had taken shelter in Muradiye, had been massacred by the gang of
Russian citizen Aram, who was engaged in commerce at Bayezid.

During our walk, we learned from Salih Bey, who was the head man of
Kömüs village told us that the people of his village and the villages
in the vicinity had been massacred by the Armenian gang of Aram, from
Van, and the children had been burned in the bakeries while they were
still alive On the way, together with Salih Bey we saw Ekice village,
consisting of 80 houses, and Kömüs (Balakli) village, consisting of
100 houses, were completely burned by the Armenian gangs. Everywhere
there were the corpses of women and men who were killed in a horrible
way A few women and children who rescued from Kömüs (Balakli) village
massacre, joined us and told us that, all of the residents of their
village, were pitilessly killed and burned by the Armenians.

+++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_mullah_mehmed.html

In the testimony with oath of Mullah Mehmed, son of Abdurrahman from
Kizil Kilise village of Muradiye town

Those told by Fehim Bey, were confirmed. To those that was told by
Mullah Mehmed, Salih Bey, added that, who was one of the residents of
Kömüs (Balakli) village, had hidden himself in a well in order to be
rescued from the death. The one who organized Kömüs (Balakli) village
massacre was the gang of Aram, from Van.

+++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_basri_bey.html

Testimony with oath of Basri Bey, Commander of Gendarme unit of Siirt
(23.6.1916)

Last year, on the first days of May, I went to Taramak village of
Müküs (Bahçesaray) subdistrict, as the head of my unit due to my task.
The Armenians of this village, did all kinds of oppression and
pressure that could not be told, against the Moslems. We entered into
the village covered with the corpses of men and women and also set on
fire, towards evening. Among the corpses, men whose ears and noses
were cut and eyes were carved, children whose heads were cut and
bodies were cut into pieces, were seen. However, the corporals of a
young woman and a girl impressed us very much. The abdomen of the
woman was cut with a knife, the baby taken out was suffocated and was
put again in its place. The girl who was hung from her feet, was,
covered with holes allover. After the Armenians and Russians had
committed these executions, made canonically unclean the religious
buildings and burned them.

++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimonies_with_oath_of_32_people.html

Testimonies with oath of 32 people from Van, who are at
Ma'murat-ül-Aziz at present (17.6.1916) (The names of these people are
written in the Minutes)

Before the occupation of Van, the people who were killed by Armenian
gangs, are as follows: Gendarme mailman Sayyad (Seyyid) and his two
friends at Atalan village; Hursit Aga, and son of Ata Bey from Vostan,
at his house, Lieutenant Süleyman Efendi, who was the detachment
commander at Ercis, together with gendarme soldiers at Nabat village;
Hamza, son of Alay Bey from Adilcevaz, Said and Abdurrahman, sons of
Haci Ali and their five friends at Seyh Kara (Gülsünler) village,
Gendarme Hamid and his friends at Susanis village; Camuscu zade
ismail, Cebeci zade Haci Yakub and his son Halil, Dervis, son of
Besir, Haci Latif zade Haci Serif, Hertüslü zade Mustafa, Haci Rifat,
son of Topçu, Kaya Çelebi zade Mahmud and Yusuf, from the notables of
Van; Kahraman zade Bekir, Sakir and Sükü from the Notabes of Ercis,
Mahmud Siddik Bey from Bargiri were massacred.

All of the residents of Hidir, Zeve, Seyh Kara (Gülsünler), Amik
(Amuk), Ayanis (Agarti) and other villagers were massacred, women were
raped and youg girls were taken to inside of Russia.

Hüseyin Efendi, son of Kadik (from Norsin district) of Van and his
wife Zeliha Hanim, gave
testimonies which verify the statements of above mentioned Nigar
Hanim.

++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_resid_son_of_tradesman_ali.html

Testimony of Resid, son of Tradesman Ali from Topçu Oglu district of
Van

During the first panic, a great majority of the public, went to Hosab
direction where the division Halil Bey was located. But, before
reaching the desired location, a group approximately consisting of
80.000 people, was attacked by Russian and the Armenians at Sahmanis
village. Only about 2.000 of them, were taken to Hosab (Güzelsu).
During the two months in which they were imprisoned as slaves, they
were subjected to every kind of torture and transgression. Meanwhile,
the city of Van was rescued by Turkish army Upon this news, the
natives of Van who took shelter in Diyarbaklr, Bitlis and Karçikan,
came to Edremid village, which was an hour away from Van and to Engil
and Atalan villages located in the north of Van. The number of these
people was about 15.000. As a result of the sudden attack of the
Russian and the Armenians, these people and 2.000 Turkish soldiers
were killed with machine guns and shrapnels. Among them only 1.000
succeeded in escaping and rescuing.

++++++++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimonies_of_abdi_and_resid_.html

Testimonies of Abdi and Resid Mullah, from immigrants of Gevas (
1.7.1916)

After the evacuation of Van and Gevas, an Armenian and Kazakh unit,
consisting of 500 people, directed by Haço, Monk Sergis, Onnik, Hako
and Parso from Horotis village, surrounded Karkar (Daldere) village of
Gevas. They fired at the significant buildings. They massacred men and
children, raped women. Only a couple hundred of villagers could rescue
with great difficulties.

+++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimonies_of_tahir_and_mahmud.html

Testimonies of Tahir, son of Halid and Mahmud who migrated to Mezraa-i
Seyhan (20.6.1916)

When it is learned that the center of Sanjak would be evacuated, all
of the people of the village began to walk towards a place where the
Turkish Administration still continued. When they arrived to Kasir
village, it was seen that the bridge was closed by the Armenian gangs
among whom there were. Haço, Mardiros, Bakdo, Berzo, Sergis, Haro,
teacher Garabet and Migirdiç.

In spite of the begging of the crowd, the brigands did not let anybody
pass the bridge. They searched the women till their private parts.
After they plundered everything they had with them, they attacked
girls. They were equipped with Ottoman and Russian rifles, and they
fired at men intensively. Most of them died, the others escaped with
great difficulty and took shelter on Kuru Salan mountains. We observed
that 121 people, most of them were women and children, had been killed
with the bullets of the brigands.

++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimonies_of_yusuf_kenan_and_abdulhakim.html

Testimonies of Yusuf, Kenan and Abdülhakim, from the immigrants of
Müküs (Bahçesaray) (19.6.1916)

Last year on August 30, the Russian gangs came to Gevas and Satak
(Çatak), the Armenian gangs came to Müküs (Bahçesaray). The women, old
people and children, who could not escape, were massacred completely.
In the Armenian gang, Kirkor, and teacher Garabet, Vahan from Par
village, Artin from Kinekas village, Kevork from Müküs, Minto Sembat,
Hayastan, ironsmith Naro, Haçik Muhik, Dikran and Bedros were seen.
These brigands especially attacked on women and raped them in a
disgusting manner.

++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimonies_of_abdulmecid_and_osman.htm

Testimonies of Abdülmecid, son of Halid and Resul, son of Osman from a
Layan , Immigrants of Müküs (Bahçesaray) (19.6.1916)

The testimonies of these people are the same with the above mentioned
testimonies. In their testimony, they indicated that among the
Armenian executioners, there were Lato from Ozim (Gümüsören) village
of Pervari, Haço, Oseb, Sirak from Müküs, Sergis, Nisan, Garabet,
Vahan and Artin, from the neighbouring villages.

+++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_abdullah.html

Testimony of Abdullah (19.6.1916)

After the evacuation of Van, Gevas and Havasur (Gürpinar), Armenian
villagers, under the leadership of Vartan, bishop of Ahtamar Church
who came from Van and Tuluncian Simon, attacked on Kurdish villages
such as Verendanis, Horavil, Der, Zikoh, Karkar (Daldere), in hundreds
of groups. Plundering, seducing and execution followed one another.
About 200 young girls were taken to Van to satisfy the bestial
emotions of the Armenians and Russian. Only very few of them could
endure this attack. Only about 200 residents of the plundered and
burned villages, could take shelter on Agirof mountain. After a
period, these poor people, thinking that they would find Turkish
administrators, went to Müküs (Bahçesaray). However also the Armenians
located there, attacked again on these miserable people. Only a few
people could rescue also from this massacre in a miraculous way.

+++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimonies_of_salih_and_ali.html

Testimonies of Salih and Ali, son of Halid from Serir village of Satak
(Çatak) (19.6.1916)

All of the residents of Sortekin, Arçkanis, Mezraa and Pars Armenian
villages, surrounded Serir village at early hours of the morning. From
60 persons of the village, only 15 men, could escape. The others were
killed. Women were kidnapped and the houses were plundered.

+++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimonies_of_abdulhamid_and_hangir.html

Testimonies of Abdülhamid and Hangir from the Immigrants of Darnis-i
Ula and Darnis-i Sufla (19.6.1916)

The Armenian gang, consisting 5.000 people who came from Erzincan,
Kahnemiran, Sidan, Kagaziz and other places under the leadership of
Committee President Leo, who was originally from Havasur (Gürpinar),
gave orders to Darnis-i Ulya (Yukari Narlica) and Darnis-i Sufla
villages to send 500 liras and 50 girls and added that Russian had
seized Istanbul, there had been no Sultan of the Ottoman Empire any
more and added that there had been no solution for them except being
Armenians. Hopeless Moslem public began to collect the requested 500
liras. These brigands, after massacred 10 Muslems, staying at a house
at Kahnemiran (Uzuntekne), one night they surrounded the above
mentioned two villages. Their leaders, were Mesrob, from Sidan, Simon
from Kagaziz, bartik from Surengen, Bedo from Sokan. They burned the
houses and by screaming "Long live Armenia", and attacked on the
people. Only 50 people, out of 320 could be able to rescue from the
massacre by taking advantage of the darkness.

++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimonies_of_mahmud_and_behlul.html

Testimonies of Mahmud, son of Kotas and Behlül, son of Said from the
notables of Sokan (Çatakdibi) village of Satak (Çatak) town
(19.6.1916)

Sokan (Çatakdibi) village had a population of 680 people. One night,
the Armenians and the Russian attacked suddenly to the village. Nobody
could prevent them. Because the Moslem people had no weapons.

The executioners burned the houses. When the situation became calm, a
lot of women and children, died under the swords of Kazakhs and short,
curved daggers of Armenian rebels. At dawn, they gathered those, who
could rescue from the night execution in a house. Girls and young
women were taken to an unknown direction.

At lunch time, they burned the house in which they had imprisoned the
villagers. Only 21 of these miserable people could rescue from this
massacre miraculously. We saw Sahak, from Satak (Çatak), Oseb, Artin,
Hovik and Simon and the Armenian villagers, whose names we could not
remember among the executioners. They especially attacked young girls
and did every kind of oppression.

+++++++++++=

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimonies_of_mustafa_and_esad.html

Testimonies of Mustafa and Esad from the immigrants of Avzini village
of Satak (Çatak) (20.6.1916)

The population of our village was 500. The Armenians and the Russian
attacked to the village and they plundered and massacred. Only 30
people could rescue from the massacre. The end of the others are not
known.

++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimonies_of_sheikh_enver_and_mullah_resid.html

Testimonies of Sheikh Enver and Mullah Resid from the religious
leaders of Alan village of Karçikan town (7.7.1916)

It was learned that about a Russain 100 cavalrymen and a reinforced
infantry unit were approaching to the village. The villagers set off
to be away from the village. But the residents of the Armenian
villages, called Pelli, Tankas, Azerkuh and Prons (Gökçimen) cut their
ways. They attacked on the women, and the Russian unit entered into
the village. The houses were put on fire. The disabled such as old,
sick and children were killed pitilessly. Kazakhs walked on those who
tried to rescue. Very few of them could succeed in saving their souls.

+++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_yusuf_ziyaeddin.html

Testimony of Yusuf Ziyaeddin (20.6.1916)

In the beginning of March, 1915, the Russian Kazakhs attacked with the
help of Armenians of Gevas town to the villages called Arkanis,
Havins, Varkoz, Norevan, Berho, Tarvis and Bahik, each having a
population between 100-150, gathered the men in a house and burned
them. Young women and girls were kidnapped.

++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimonies_of_mullah_abdi_and_selim_han.html

Testimonies of Mullah Abdi, from the notables of Kesan (Ergeçiti),
Naksibendi Sheikh of Arvas, Selim Han, son of Haci Bey and Ali, son of
Hamid Bey (14.4.1916)

The Russian and the Armenians invaded Resadiye village of Asnak. They
deflowered the girls in front of everybody, they burned the children
while they were alive, they carved the eyes of men. We recognized
among the gangs, Apre from Norkuh, Bizinik, bishop of Ahtamar church,
Mirbek and Oseb, Bedros from Arpit, and iso from Anzak. These
executioners, closed 15 the most beautiful girls of the village in a
room and began to drink and after they had undressed the girls stark
naked, they made them dance with the screams "Dam Moslems" and "Long
live Armenia". They urged them to pray and while they were performing
namaz, the brigands took the advantage of this situation and they
attempted to deflower them. When the girls rejected and resisted there
was a fight. At the end the Armenians and the Russian killed these
poor girls.

++++++++++++++=

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_firdevs_hanim.html

Testimony of Firdevs Hanim, wife of Serif, residing at Abbas Aga
district of Van (? .6.1916)

While the enemy was entering Van city, Firdevs Hanim and her
neighbors, were gathered in the house of retired officer Mehmed Ali
Efendi. The sounds of firing rifles and screams began to be heard
After they plundered the houses, they were burning them. The fire was
coming closer to the house of Ali Efendi. About 15 armed people, rang
the door of this house. They called
Ali Efendi and ordered him to give money to them. Ali Efendi, after
hesitating for a moment, obeyed the order. The brigands, after taking
the money of Ali Efendi, they killed him and his 80 years old sister.
His wife also, after being seduced, had the same end. My husband Serif
Efendi was shot at his head and fell down on the ground. In spite of
my screams full of pain,
my 16 years old son, Ahmed, was massacred. The brigands stabbed a
pregnant woman and after killing all the men in the house, they took
the women to Hatuniye district.There they cut the penis of a 15 years
old boy and put it in his mouth and after this torture, they killed
him. The brigands killed all the people they met without any pity.

They took the women, previously they had taken to Hatuniye district,
to American Institution. On the way, they met a woman walking together
with her 15 years old son and her baby. The boy was suffocated, the
woman after being raped was killed with her baby. From the American
Institute where there were a lot of immigrants, the Armenians and the
Russian chose the most
beautiful women and took them away, not to return them any more. None
of the women could protect their honor. Among the women who were raped
by force, they killed the wives of two sons and daughter of Fevzi Aga
from Molla Kasim village and the daughter of Ibrahim Aga from Ayanis
(Agarti) village. The 15 years old daughter Zeliha of Ismail Aga from
Göllü village,
died, for being raped too much. Lots of Moslem immigrants have been
the victims of the torture applied on them.

+++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_lieutenant_sukru_efendi.html

Testimony of Lieutenant Sükrü Efendi, son of Timur,who was originally
from Van(?.6.1916)

I was at Gevas, while the Russian were withdrawing from Van. Upon this
withdrawal news, I went to Van to help my family. When I saw the
corpses of my family among the corpses who were killed by the Russian
and left behind while they were withdrawing, I was horrified. There
were corpses whose bodies were tied and the heads were separated from
their bodies and men nailed on walls. Retired Lieutenant Mehmed
Efendi, who was originally from Diyarbakir, 80 years old Rüstem
Efendi, from the notables of Van, and his 15 years old son Necib, had
been massacred on Bitlis highway passing from Edremid (Sarmansuyu)
village.

The corpses of 15 boys were on the highway. They had no wound traces.
They died because of hunger. Their mothers had also been killed or
they were kidnapped.

The roads were full with the corpses of men and women. The Armenians
had attacked the immigrants between Engil (Dönemeç) and Edremid
villages and they had plundered and killed them.

++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_dervis_aga.html

Testimony of Dervis Aga , one of the members of village council of
Menderis village (26.6.1916)

The houses at Komtis (Balakll) village were burned, the people were
massacred, the women were raped. Yunus, who was on old man, and his
wife were subjected to torture. The wife of the Head official of the
district, Mehmed Bey; Fatma Harum, Lali, daughter of ismail Aga, had
been killed after being subjected to torture. The wife of Suleyman Aga
died, because she was raped too much. The women, whose babies were
taken from their laps, were taken away to an unknownn direction.

+++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_latife_hanim.html

Testimony of Latife Hanim, wife of Supply officer Hasan Fahri Efendi,
from 1 st Battalion, 97th Regiment (28.6.1916)

During the first invasion of Van by Russian units and the Armenian
gangs, only a small potion of the people could go away from the city.
As there were no transportation vehicles, the majority of the people
stayed in the city, and they thought that the forces invading the city
belonged to a civilized nation and they would show respect to the
lives, and honor of the unprotected people. The situation was not as
they thought. The Armenians which constituted the advance force of the
enemy, did not prevent the occupation, their evacuation and putting on
fire. The people, who were in panic, gathered at the major houses of
the city.
The men were arrested, the women were taken to the buildings of the
American Institutes. More than 10.000 people were gathered there. The
Armenians and Kazakhs chose a woman every night and took her out. Most
of the women who were taken out, were killed, after being raped.
Reyhan Hanim, wife of Gendarme sergeant Mahmud, and Piruze Hanim.,
wife of Nasir Efendi (from Selim Bey district of Van)., have also told
these hateful events that the people were subjected to.

++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_sukru.html

The testimony under oath of 30 years old Sükrü, son of Hüseyin, who
resided at Nevsan district of Van and at the moment he is at Nusaybin,
about the malfunctions made by the Armenian and the Russian gangs to
the prosecutor of the town and examining magistrate (1.7.1916)

The Armenians had a great hate against the Ottoman Government and
Turkish people for a long time. They were trying to cease the
existence of the Ottomans and they were serving for this purpose since
many years. In the context of this goal, they tried to plant the seeds
of enmity among various elements of the empire. They had set up
revolutionary committees in Van, Erzurum, Bitlis and DiyarbakIr
provinces with the incitement of Russian government. In the
revolutionary Armenian organization in Van province, there were three
committees called Dashnak, Hunchak and Armenakan. Their leaders were
Aram Pasha, Ishan and Vremian. These people, began to equip themselves
with rifles, cartridges, bombs, dynamites and other explosives that
they had brought from Russia in order to apply their plans. They had
also organized armed Armenian gangs and attempted to dig underground
tunnels at Moslems districts of Van. One of these gangs, upon the
instruction of a brigand, known as Sirin, went to Timar (Gedikbulak).
The other, under the command of Sergis (the elder), activated at Satak
(Çatak) and the third one, under the command of Sergis (the younger),
went towards Havasur (Gürpinar). Furthermore, a separate group that
showed its activity in Erzurum, Bitlis and Diyarbakir, had been
formed. Following the general mobilization, the number of the gangs in
Van, was increased too much together with the gangs that came from
everywhere and participated them.
The gang of Sirin, seized Hist village and killed all the Moslems
there. Gendarme major Ahmed Bey, and a subordinate officer and the
gendarmes who came to the place of the event were killed also. After
these executions, the gang attacked Göllü village where the Armenians
killed all of the Moslem people without making any difference between
age and sex, with tortures not ever heard till that day. The young
girls at the above mentioned village were raped in disgusting ways.
The abdomens of the pregnant women were opened up and their uterus
were cut into pieces in front of the eyes of their parents. The
breasts, noses, and ears of lots of women were cut. Newly born and a
little older babies were boiled in the boiling water by these
barbarians and later on their mothers were forced to eat them.
Territorial forces commander Edhem Bey who came to Göllü, was also
subject to the attack of this gang and together with his four men,
they were martyred.

The residents of Bahanis, Zorova (Yemlice), Köprü Köy and Zeve
villages were killed pitilessly, in a barbarian way and in an
unbelievable manner. All of their property was seized by the gangs.
The gangs of Sergis (the younger) and Sergis (the elder), behaved
pitilessly in an unbelievable way towards the Moslems in their field
of operation. As the Moslem people had no weapon to defend themselves,
they were killed by these brigand gangs who did every kind of cruelty
without making any difference whether they were women or children.
A gendarme in Van, was killed in the middle of the street by Sergis
(the younger). Everyday one or more Moslems were the victims of
Armenian wilderness. Hamid Aga Barracks in Van, was seized by the
Armenians who killed the guards and blew up the building by dynamite,
on April 18, 1915.

The Armenians behaved pitilessly and in an unbelievable manner towards
Moslems for 27 days. Within this period, they fired drumfire against
Moslems districts, bombed and with the help of underground tunnels,
they blew up the houses of Moslems.
Actually, the Armenians reached an agreement with the Russian and
through the assistance of the members of the Committees, by informing
all of the military operation of the Turkish units to the enemy, they
made espionage in favor of them. The head of the gang, Sirin went to
Russia later on and he guided the Russian army that invaded Van.
Russian also got rid of the Moslem public in a systematic manner. Only
five percent of the people could rescue from this massacre.

+++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_resid.html

Testimony with oath of 55 years old, Resid, farmer from Liva village

This person, after making the same statement with the previous
witness, about the establishment of Armenian Committees and gangs,
their purpose and their wild behavior against Moslem public, added the
following.

The Armenians of the gang of Aram Pasha, killed in a horrible way,
Captain Halil Efendi, from Ercis, Lieutenant Halid Efendi, corporal
Alican and Ahmed and Mehmed who were accompanying them, and a soldier
who had come to the center of the province on the road.
Semo, from Yazik village, his sons Hüseyin, Kulcan and their friends
were killed by the above mentioned gang on the way going to mill which
was half an hour distance from the province and their corpses were
thrown to the river. Like these, Mullah Ali, from Çobanoglu village
and his friend Hayri, were attacked by the Armenians on the way and
they were killed. A lot of Moslem villages were burned by the
Armenians and the residents were put to sword. Before the arrival of
the Russian, the Armenians killed the residents of Hidir (Hidirköy),
Molla Kasim, Seyh Ayne (Otluca) and Seyh Kara (Gulsunler) villages,
the headman of Pirsolan village, Nuro, were gathered in a house with
about 150 men, women and children and by pouring kerosene on them,
they were burned while they were alive. After the invasion of Van by
the Russian, the Armenians began to destroy the Moslems and the
remaining of the people, escaped from the city.

But the Russian, in cooperation with the Armenians, followed these who
escaped and migrated and killed all the Moslems they met on the way.
The young girls were deflowered and were taken to Russia. The men and
old women were killed or burned.

+++++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_feyzullah_efendi.html

Testimony under oath of immigrant Feyzullah Efendi, son of 52 years
old Hasan Dünbüloglu, residing at Edremid district of Van (21.6.1916)

These testimonies verify the statements of Sukru and Resid, on the
issues such as the wilderness made by the Armenians at various
sections of Van Province and on the establishment of gangs, Feyzullah
Efendi, who gave the testimony, added the following:During the general
mobilization, some of the Armenians, escaped to Russia to fight in the
service of Russian army as volunteers The others, established armed
gangs to attack the Moslem villages, where the adults were called for
military service. These gangs were killing women and children, were
raping young girls, burning houses and villages, doing all kinds of
horrible, unbelievable things. The Armenians of Van, attacked suddenly
the Moslems, who were not anxious of anything and were doing their
business. They killed all the Moslems, they met on the road
pitilessly. They did not make any difference such in this massacre, as
whether they were Moslem women, men and old.

Immigrant Sidki, son of Hasan, 27 years old, whose profession was
grocer, and who was residing at Norsin-i Ulya district of Van and 50
years old Hursid Efendi, son of Hüseyin, an artilleryman lieutenant of
territorrial forces, repeated the previous statement.

++++++++++++

http://www.armenianreality.com/massacres_in_anatolia/testimonies/testimony_of_yusuf_efendi.html

Testimony with oath of 32 years old Yusuf Efendi, son of Mahmud, who
was chief telegrapher of Province and at the moment he is working
provisionally as Postal and Telegraph Director at Nusaybin town and
residing at Selim Bey district of Van (29.6.1916)

The task of the revolutionary committees that were established in Van
Province and whose major chiefs were Ishan, Aram, Vremian and
Papazian, was to kill all of the Moslem passengers they met on the
roads.

In this context, the first two of these, have personally killed Haci
Musa Bey and Haci Yakub Aga from the notables of Resadiye, subdistrict
of Vostan (Gevas) town. These brigands, cut the ears and noses of
their victims and cut the penis of both of the corpses later on and
put them in their mouth. The members of these committees, were always
holding secret meetings at Ahtamar monastery at Vostan (Gevas) area,
at the villages of Erçek subdistrict and Körzut village of Muradiye
town They were meeting at the monasteries and houses of the Armenian
district of Van, suitable for this purpose. When the mobilization was
declared and the soldiers moved to go to various fronts, the insolence
of the Armenians did not recognize any limit. I left Van, when the
Russian passed the border. After Van was invaded, I listened from the
neighbor women who succeeded in coming Bitlis, the following. About 25
men from our district, who took shelter in a house with their
families, have been encountered with the attack of about 100
Armenians, who cut 13-14 years of children into pieces in front the
eyes of their parents, who dragged the men along the ground to the
garden and shot them with gun after lining them up in order.

The women were taken to the house of Ziya Bey at Halil Aga district
where French Consul was residing. Young women were separated in one
side and were taken away by these brigands.

+++++++++++++
Roman
2004-03-07 17:28:29 UTC
Demented, spamming david coors, formerly known under the name of demented
faulty nutter, as well as several other screen names, belongs to a turkish
fascistic propaganda gang that spreads lies on usenet about countries like
Greece, Armenia, Kurdistan, Europe. His turkish propaganda is based on
fascistic Kemalist revisionism. The articles he posts are mostly made up
by "historians" paid by the turkish fascistic state. They represent
turkey's known habit of distorting historical truth by using falsified
historical accounts.

TURKISH MASSACRES, 1822-1909

MOHAMMEDANISM has been propagated by the sword and by violence ever since
it first appeared as the great enemy of Christianity, as I shall show in a
later chapter of this book.

It has been left to the Turk, however, in more recent years, to carry on
the ferocious traditions of his creed, and to distinguish himself by
excesses which have never been equaled by any of the tribes enrolled under
the banner of the Prophet, either in ancient or in modern times.

The following is a partial list of Turkish massacres from 1822 up till
1904:

1822 Chios, Greeks 50,000
1823 Missolongi, Greeks 8,750
1826 Constantinople, Jannisaries 25,000
1850 Mosul, Assyrians 10,000
1860 Lebanon, Maronites 12,000
1876 Bulgaria, Bulgarians 14,700
1877 Bayazid, Armenians 1,400
1879 Alashguerd, Armenians 1,250
1881 Alexandria, Christians 2,000
1892 Mosul, Yezidies 3,500
1894 Sassun, Armenians 12,000
1895-96 Armenia, Armenians 150,000
1896 Constantinople, Armenians 9,570
1896 Van, Armenians 8,000
1903-04 Macedonia, Macedonians 14,667
1904 Sassun, Armenians 5,640
Total 328,477

To this must be added the massacre in the province of Adana in 1909, of
thirty thousand Armenians.

So imminent and ever-present was the peril, and so fresh the memory of
these dire events in the minds of the non-Mussulman subjects of the sultan,
that illiterate Christian mothers had fallen into the habit of dating
events as so many years before or after “such and such a massacre.”

[The Blight of Asia, by George Horton]

Ali Asker
2004-03-06 18:55:23 UTC
I see that you are fluent in Gibbering Moronese. Unfortunately, I'm
not. You generate more waffle than the waffle making machine in a
waffle factory. You should offer your posting style to hospital
operating theatres as a highly-effective alternative to
unconsciousness-inducing medications.

Why don't you shrink your head and use it as a paperweight? It's not
much use for writing intelligent posts with, that's for sure. If
you're going to say something that ignorant, you could at least fake a
stroke. You've got a big hole in your head, now shut it. When you are
at a loss for words, your loss is our gain. Oh well, as the late
Douglas Adams said: "You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

Reading your post is less interesting than watching paint dry. If wit
was spit, your mouth would be drier than a shallow well in an African
heat wave. Why don't you close your mouth before someone sticks an
apple in it? Maybe you wouldn't be such a Jerk-In-The-Box if you
weren't living proof that stupid people should not breed; if your
weren't so fat that the elephants throw you peanuts at your local Zoo,
or if you weren't uglier than the north-facing end of a south-bound
mule. Who am I kidding? You would.

In future, if you have something to say, just shut up.